• Shout! Factory Releasing Cool World

Coming soon...

Click image for larger version

Name:	253734354_1546944222315458_8486188790498474078_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	371782
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I wonder how this holds up? Every time I rewatch it, I always come away thinking that it should've been rated R.
    Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
      I wonder how this holds up? Every time I rewatch it, I always come away thinking that it should've been rated R.
      The rough cut definitely was. The movie had somewhere in the neighborhood of half an hour of finished footage chopped, mostly for ratings purposes.

I'd really love to see the full length version some day, as the choppy mess that ended up being released was a huge disappointment.

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy Parker View Post
        The rough cut definitely was. The movie had somewhere in the neighborhood of half an hour of finished footage chopped, mostly for ratings purposes.

I'd really love to see the full length version some day, as the choppy mess that ended up being released was a huge disappointment.
        I was going to say, this didn't hold up well when it was released. Cool soundtrack as I recall, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
          I was going to say, this didn't hold up well when it was released. Cool soundtrack as I recall, though.
          The soundtrack for Cool World is one of my most treasured CDs, some excellent stuff on that one!

Comment

Here's the full press release.

Cool World: Collector’s Edition

Stylish Dark Comedy from Celebrated Animator Ralph Bakshi Makes Blu-Ray™ Debut Sept 13, 2022

This September, Shout! Factory will release Cool World Collector’s Edition for the first time on Blu-Ray. Directed by underground animation legend Ralph Bakshi (The Lord Of The Rings), Cool World stars a remarkable cast of Kim Basinger (L.A. Confidential), Brad Pitt (Mr. & Mrs. Smith), and Gabriel Byrne (The Usual Suspects). This hybrid animated/live-action dark comedy creates a fantasy world where human characters and animated roles coexist and showcases Bakshi’s unique and creative animation style.

The release features a new 4k scan of the film from the original camera negative approved by Bakshi himself, as well as the new retrospective featurette “The Wild Minds of Cool World” including brand-new interviews with star Kim Basinger, director Ralph Bakshi, and producer Frank Mancuso, Jr., the film makes its Blu-Ray debut on September 13, 2022. Fans can now pre-order at ShoutFactory.com

When ex-con cartoonist Jack Deebs (Gabriel Byrne) was behind bars, he found escape by creating Cool World, a cartoon series featuring a voluptuous vixen named Holli Would (Kim Basinger). But the ‘toonsmith becomes a prisoner of his own fantasies when Holli pulls him into Cool World with a scheme to seduce him and bring herself to life. A hard-boiled detective (Brad Pitt) – the only other human in Cool World – cautions Jack with the law: Noids (humans) don’t have sex with doodles (cartoons). The flesh proves weaker than ink, however, as Holli takes human form in Las Vegas, starting a trans-reality chase that threatens the destruction of both worlds. With a splashy mix of stylish animation and colorful live-action sequences, Cool World delivers the hottest action around!

Bonus Features:
            ● NEW 2022 4K scan from the original camera negative, approved by director Ralph Bakshi
            ● NEW The Wild Minds of Cool World – A retrospective featurette including brand-new interviews with star Kim Basinger, director Ralph Bakshi, and producer Frank Mancuso, Jr.
            ● Trailers

About Shout! Factory
            Shout! Factory, LLC is a leading multi-platform media company devoted to film and TV distribution, development, and production, as well as the preservation and revitalization of the very best in pop-culture entertainment. Founded by Richard Foos, Bob Emmer, and Garson Foos in 2003, Shout! owns and manages a large portfolio of films, contemporary and classic TV series, animation, and documentaries. The company’s creative acquisition mandate has established it as a leading independent distributor, with partners and properties including GKIDS, Sesame Street, The Carol Burnett Show, The Johnny Carson Show, IFC Films, Stephen J. Cannell Productions, ITV Studios, Major League Baseball Productions, and many others. Shout! Factory Kids focuses on live-action and animated kids and family properties, and the company releases films and television shows in other genres under the Scream Factory and Shout Select imprints. Shout! develops, acquires and distributes new films via Shout! Studios, owns and operates libraries including Mystery Science Theater 3000 (in partnership with creator Joel Hodgson) and the Roger Corman New Horizon Pictures Library, and operates the acclaimed streaming service Shout! Factory TV. Shout! Factory is based in Los Angeles, California. For more on Shout! Factory, visit shoutfactory.com.
            # # #
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
            X