Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tragedy On Alec Baldwin Movie Set, Director Injured, Cinematographer Fatally Wounded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dom D View Post
    Indeed. I felt the same with all the Britney stuff recently. How people have strong opinions on stuff while knowing almost nothing is beyond me. This article has a bit more info than others I've read so far: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-10-...e=abc_news_web The highlights: Baldwin was given the gun by the AD and told it was safe. It was a fractious set that had a bunch of crew walkouts, one of the crew claiming safety concerns were one reason why.
    That article in particular raises more questions than answers. The story has many moving parts. Wait.

Comment

Originally posted by paul h. View Post
      "Hours before actor Alec Baldwin fatally shot a cinematographer on the New Mexico set of “Rust” with a prop gun, a half-dozen camera crew workers walked off the set to protest working conditions."

https://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...walked-off-set
      Which is why it's amusing that the "Gun contained a live round" story was released by IATSE, who walked off of the set.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
        Which is why it's amusing that the "Gun contained a live round" story was released by IATSE, who walked off of the set.
        We don't know if the Propmaster or the Armorer were Iatse. The reports only mention Iatse camera crew that quit. There were also previous reports of a "live round" - including by the local police.

Again, I implore folks to simply WAIT until all the facts are known before jumping to conclusions. I've been there for over 3 decades. LOTS of stuff still to be sorted out as I posted earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeS View Post
          We don't know if the Propmaster or the Armorer were Iatse. The reports only mention Iatse camera crew that quit. There were also previous reports of a "live round" - including by the local police.

Again, I implore folks to simply WAIT until all the facts are known before jumping to conclusions. I've been there for over 3 decades. LOTS of stuff still to be sorted out as I posted earlier.
          I'm not jumping to conclusions haha. All I know is that somebody died on a movie set, and that's horrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
            I'm not jumping to conclusions haha. All I know is that somebody died on a movie set, and that's horrible.
            You "jumped" to the conclusion that it was Local 44 who put the term "live round" into the news cycle.

And, Paul H. previously "jumped" to the conclusion that the Propmaster and/or Armorer were IATSE.

Please, folks, don't speculate - wait.
            JoeS
            Last edited by JoeS; 10-23-2021, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeS View Post
              You "jumped" to the conclusion that it was Local 44 who put the term "live round" into the news cycle.

And, Paul H. previously "jumped" to the conclusion that the Propmaster and/or Armorer were IATSE.

Please, folks, don't speculate - wait.
              I was referencing the article that was posted here. All due respect, I think that you might be overreacting to the reactions.

Comment

Originally posted by Dom D View Post
                Fake blood usually looks shit. I'll maintain my stance that fake muzzle flash, done well, looks much more realistic than blanks. Gives you a lot more freedom as a filmmaker too. Half those headshots in John Wick couldn't be done with blanks.
                Totally agree. CG blood still isn't right, but a good VFX artist can make muzzle flashes amazing.

The bottom line is, even if you use blanks, the camera doesn't always capture the flash due to shutter angle/speed, etc. And they're pretty invisible doing exterior day.

Comment

The headline of this thread, like the media's reporting, conveniently forgets to add... "...while filming a shooting scene in movie." Or is that qualifier unimportant?

Comment

There's already so much politically driven misinformation (not to mention willful disinformation) that Snopes is fact-checking this incident: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/al...ting-incident/

Comment

Originally posted by AngelGuts View Post
                      The headline of this thread, like the media's reporting, conveniently forgets to add... "...while filming a shooting scene in movie." Or is that qualifier unimportant?
                      Yeah. When I first read this thread title I thought it was an Onion article or something.

Comment

Should we wait?
                        Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
                          Should we wait?
                          30 Helens Agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
                            Should we wait?
                            not quite sure but I think it is...

1. wait
                            2. don't jump to conclusions
                            3. don't speculate
                            4. wait!

Comment

Originally posted by AngelGuts View Post
                              Obviously it is, but it's a matter of space, only so many character fit in the subject line. That said, I'll change it to better reflect the situation.
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I think this is the third or fourth I've seen of these.

"Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Working...
                                X