Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tragedy On Alec Baldwin Movie Set, Director Injured, Cinematographer Fatally Wounded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tragedy On Alec Baldwin Movie Set, Director Injured, Cinematographer Fatally Wounded

Wow. Very sad.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/al...ay-2021-10-22/
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Jesus, there are some gloating scumbags out there on social media.
      I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

What a horrible thing to have happen. And yeah, the social media jerks all screaming for his blood are insane.

Comment

Yikes. I've always felt that one should only shoot people on purpose.

I'ts interesting to see how much bigger this will get in the media climate of today, then Brandon Lee back in 93 or whenever that was.
          "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

A live round was in the gun

https://www.indiewire.com/2021/10/al...et-1234673555/
            Out here on the perimeter we is stoned...immaculate

Comment

It's a fucking horrible story.

I don't really understand why people keep using real weapons on sets. Digital blasts added onto fake guns look at least as real as melodramatics you get from blanks. It's got to be a hell of a lot less hassle if real guns are not on set and, as a bonus, there's no chance of anyone getting killed. People tell me its because with a real gun you get a real reaction from the actor firing. Eh..... I fgure that's only sometimes useful. Most of the time when someones firing a gun in a movie they're playing a battle grizzled warrior who bullseyes headshots at 200 hundred metres with a handgun. Such a character has a very different reaction to a gun going off in their hand than your actor who is probably a prissy prima donna who will spend the rest of the day complaining about bruising from the recoil. Besides your actors are meant to be able to act.
              "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Originally posted by Dom D View Post
                It's a fucking horrible story.

Digital blasts added onto fake guns look at least as real as melodramatics you get from blanks.
                They absolutely do NOT! Are you blind or something?

Fake muzzle flashes and fake blood from hits are so fucking garbage, that it ruins many new b-movies completely.

This however, is a tragedy. But an avoidable one if they have a proper armorer on set.
                "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

Fake blood usually looks shit. I'll maintain my stance that fake muzzle flash, done well, looks much more realistic than blanks. Gives you a lot more freedom as a filmmaker too. Half those headshots in John Wick couldn't be done with blanks.
                  "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Originally posted by unclefred View Post
                    Live round can include a blank.

Comment

Please folks, chill. Wait. Let's find out ALL the details about what happened before pinning the blame on Baldwin, the Propmaster, the Amorer etc. Wait.
                      I say all of this as a person who HAS handled weapons on sets for over 3 decades. Believe me, it's complicated. A lot of the confusion is from some pretty bad reporting going on. Reporters confusing "Prop Gun" with "Real Gun", "Blank ammo" with "Live ammo". "Rehearsal" with "Walk through" etc. etc. Again, Wait. Let's get the correct terminology, the correct sequence of events and the correct chain of command on the gun AND the ammo. Wait.
                      And, most of all, let's Wait out of respect to HALYNA HUTCHINS. Wife. Mother. Artist.
                      RIP.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeS View Post
                        Please folks, chill. Wait.
                        You writing like there's been an hysterical reaction. Just had a read back through and I can't see anything like that. I pointed out that if you don't have guns on set no one gets shot but that's not opinion or something we'd need to wait for extra info on- its just fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Dom D View Post
                          You writing like there's been an hysterical reaction. Just had a read back through and I can't see anything like that. I pointed out that if you don't have guns on set no one gets shot but that's not opinion or something we'd need to wait for extra info on- its just fact.
                          Understood. I'm talking about the public in general. It's headline news and folks are jumping to conclusions.

I just plead for folks to wait until all the facts come out and confirmed. And, to take a moment to reflect on the Cinematographers passing in the meantime.

Wait.
                          JoeS
                          Last edited by JoeS; 10-22-2021, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeS View Post
                            Understood. I'm talking about the public in general. It's headline news and folks are jumping to conclusions..
                            Indeed. I felt the same with all the Britney stuff recently. How people have strong opinions on stuff while knowing almost nothing is beyond me. This article has a bit more info than others I've read so far: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-10-...e=abc_news_web The highlights: Baldwin was given the gun by the AD and told it was safe. It was a fractious set that had a bunch of crew walkouts, one of the crew claiming safety concerns were one reason why.

Comment

"Hours before actor Alec Baldwin fatally shot a cinematographer on the New Mexico set of “Rust” with a prop gun, a half-dozen camera crew workers walked off the set to protest working conditions."

https://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...walked-off-set

Comment

Working...
                              X