10/21/21.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27721[/ATTACH]
      Here's the full press release:

Street Date: 10/12/21
      4K + Blu-rayâ„¢ + Digital Combo SRP: $42.99
      Blu-rayâ„¢ + DVD + Digital Combo SRP: $39.99
      Blu-rayâ„¢ SRP: $29.96

PROGRAM DESCRIPTION
      The bold new take on the 14th century medieval story of “Sir Gawain and the Green Knight”, comes home! The Green Knight arrives on 4K, Blu-ray™, DVD, and Digital October 12 from Lionsgate. From acclaimed writer-director David Lowery (Petes' Dragons, Ain't Them Bodies Saints, A Ghost Story), this fantasy re-telling of the classic 14th century medieval tale stars Academy Award® nominee Dev Patel (2017, Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role, Lion), Academy Award® winner Alicia Vikander (2016, Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role, The Danish Girl), Golden Globe® nominee Joel Edgerton (2017, Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture - Drama, Loving), Sarita Choudhury (TV's “Blindspot,” “Jessica Jones,” “Little Fires Everywhere”), Sean Harris (The King, Mission: Impossible - Fallout, Tresspass Against Us), Kate Dickie (Prometheus, The Witch, Filth), and Ralph Iverson (The Witch, Brahms: The Boy II, TV's “The Accidental Medium”). The Green Knight will be available on 4K + Blu-ray™ + Digital Combo , Blu-ray™ + DVD + Digital Combo, and Blu-ray™ for the suggested retail price of $42.99, $39.99, and $29.96, respectively.

OFFICIAL SYNOPSIS
      An epic fantasy adventure, The Green Knight tells the story of Sir Gawain (Dev Patel),
      King Arthur's reckless and headstrong nephew, who embarks on a daring quest to confront the eponymous Green Knight, a gigantic emerald-skinned stranger and tester of men. Gawain contends with ghosts, giants, thieves, and schemers in what becomes a deeper journey to define his character and prove his worth in the eyes of his family and kingdom.

SPECIAL FEATURES
      • Boldest of Blood and Wildest of Heart: Making The Green Knight
      • Practitioners of Magic: Visual Effects
      • Illuminating Technique: Title Design
      • Theatrical Trailer

CAST
      Dev Patel Slumdog Millionaire, Lion, The Personal History of David Copperfield
      Alicia Vikander Tomb Raider, Ex Machina, The Danish Girl
      Joel Edgerton The King, Boy Erased, It Comes at Night
      Sarita Choudhury TV's “Blindspot,” “Jessica Jones,” “Little Fires Everywhere”
      Sean Harris The King, Mission: Impossible - Fallout, Tresspass Against Us
      Kate Dickie Prometheus, The Witch, Filth
      Ralph Iverson The Witch, Brahms: The Boy II, TV's “The Accidental Medium”

Trailer: https://youtu.be/9Pe4uOEJI4Y

PROGRAM INFORMATION
      Year of Production: 2020
      Title Copyright: © 2021 Green Knight Productions, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
      Type: Theatrical Release
      Rating: R for violence, some sexuality and graphic nudity
      Genre: Fantasy, Adventure
      Closed-Captioned: N/A
      Subtitles: Spanish, English SDH
      Feature Run Time: 132 minutes
      4K Format: 2160p Ultra High Definition, 16x9 (1.85:1) Dolby Vision
      Blu-ray Format: 1080p High Definition, 16x9 (2.39:1) Presentation
      DVD Format: 16x9 2.40:1 Presentation
      4K Audio: English Dolby Atmos, English Descriptive Audio
      Blu-ray Audio: English Dolby Atmos
      DVD Audio: English 5.1 Dolby Digital Audio
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Had an Arthurian legends binge here over the last two nights. Rewatched Excalibur for the first time in a while. I hope no one takes offense when I say that anyone who doesn't like it can just go fuck themselves. Its magnificent. A bit 80s at times, yes, and there's some condensing of the story (Sir Galahad has every right to be royally pissed off at his ommission from the tale to Sir Tristan's benefit). But it's just exactly what I had in my head when I read Morte de Arthur and Once and Future King as a kid. All blood and breasts and mud. Fantastic.

Rolled from that straight into Monty Pythons Holy Grail. Its the best thing Monty Python did. Just the right mix of extremely clever and ridiculously stupid.

Then onto The Green Knight of which I can't say much because we only got 25 minutes in before from the other end of the couch i was told 'this is fucking boring. I'd rather be watching anything other than this.' I felt it was a slightly harsh call. I was sort of starting to ease into it myself, but I could see her point. It is ridiculously, knowingly pretentious. There's so much wank and self importance in those first 25 minutes theres not much room for anything else. Hopefully I'll get back to it at some point.
        "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Well I finally got my wish as The Green Knight got distributed by Amazon in the UK so got to stream it for free. There's so much good stuff in this movie, but it is compromised by the pacing and general pretentiousness. I think the best time to watch this flick would be via BBC4 late night on Christmas eve in lieu of a Christmas ghost story, it just has that sort of atmosphere about it. Mesmerising and dull at the same time: quite an achievement.
          I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Originally posted by agent999 View Post
            Well I finally got my wish as The Green Knight got distributed by Amazon in the UK so got to stream it for free. There's so much good stuff in this movie, but it is compromised by the pacing and general pretentiousness. I think the best time to watch this flick would be via BBC4 late night on Christmas eve in lieu of a Christmas ghost story, it just has that sort of atmosphere about it. Mesmerising and dull at the same time: quite an achievement.
            I'm going to watch this at some point soon, via the Amazon stream. Not totally inspired but curious.
            'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
            'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

Working...
            X