R.I.P. RICHARD DONNER. Superman The Movie, Lethal Weapon, The Omen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P. RICHARD DONNER. Superman The Movie, Lethal Weapon, The Omen

R.I.P. RICHARD DONNER. Donner, from his beginnings on TV on shows like The Twilight Zone, was a populist filmmaker. He did some fine pictures along the way such as SUPERMAN THE MOVIE (and a good chunk of II), LETHAL WEAPON, LAYDYHAWKE and INSIDE MOVES.
    I got to see Donner speak in person a couple of times, and he always seemed like an approachable and modest filmmaker by Hollywood standards.

https://nypost.com/2021/07/05/richar...or-dead-at-91/

Best mainstream director. They dont make em like Dick Donner anymore. Now every director is a self indulgent prick.

Rip to both him and the era he represented. :(
    "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

This is very sad news. R.I.P. Richard. I love "The Omen" and both "Superman" movies he directed!

Comment

Damn. RIP. :(

Comment

There are some real gems in his filmography, a sad loss.
          I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

At least he had a long life. SUPERMAN and THE OMEN are both amazing. RIP. He also directed one of the best TWILIGHT ZONE episodes, "Nightmare At 20,000 Feet".
            I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

RIP.
              Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

I was lucky enough to have seen "Superman" when it came out back in 1978 at the theater. Pure movie magic...one of the best times I have ever had as an audience member. RIP to a great director.

Comment

Superman was the third film I saw. Loved it as a kid. But re-watched it when that boxed set of all the Superman films hit DVD,the one with the Donner Cut of II,and haven't bothered watching it since then.

Sucks about Donner he had a great talent.

Comment

On that subject: Superman was the first film I ever taped off TV. Or rather me and my dad. This was in 1988 or 1989. (Last kid in the neighbourhood to get a VCR, by some margin)

I still remember the cassette. It was a no name tape with a cardboard cover promoting a chain of gas stations. It stood out in the collection of taped films of my youth, as everything else that followed was taped on Maxell or TDK or BASF.
                    "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

Originally posted by The Silly Swede View Post
                      On that subject: Superman was the first film I ever taped off TV. Or rather me and my dad. This was in 1988 or 1989. (Last kid in the neighbourhood to get a VCR, by some margin)

I still remember the cassette. It was a no name tape with a cardboard cover promoting a chain of gas stations. It stood out in the collection of taped films of my youth, as everything else that followed was taped on Maxell or TDK or BASF.
                      All three Salkind SUPERMAN films had added scenes for their Network TV broadcasts.

Comment

Here's a video on "Superman" and Richard Donner you guys might like.

Comment

Working...
                        X