Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrow Releasing Dune UHD

Coming in August...

Dune UHD (with Zavvi exclusive Steelbook)

DISC ONE - FEATURE & EXTRAS (4K ULTRA HD BLU-RAY)

4K (2160p) UHD Blu-rayâ„¢ presentation in Dolby Vision (HDR10 compatible)
    Original uncompressed stereo audio and DTS-HD MA 5.1 surround audio
    Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
    Brand new audio commentary by film historian Paul M. Sammon
    Brand new audio commentary by Mike White of The Projection Booth podcast
    Impressions of Dune, a 2003 documentary on the making of the film, featuring interviews with star Kyle MacLachlan, producer Raffaella de Laurentiis, cinematographer Freddie Francis, editor Antony Gibbs and many others
    Designing Dune, a 2005 featurette looking back at the work of production designer Anthony Masters
    Dune FX, a 2005 featurette exploring the special effects in the film
    Dune Models & Miniatures, a 2005 featurette focusing on the model effects in the film
    Dune Costumes, a 2005 featurette looking at the elaborate costume designs seen in the film
    Thirteen deleted scenes from the film, with a 2005 introduction by Raffaella de Laurentiis
    Destination Dune, a 1983 featurette originally produced to promote the film at conventions and publicity events
    Theatrical trailers and TV spots
    Extensive image galleries, including hundreds of still photos

DISC TWO - BONUS DISC (BLU-RAY)

The Sleeper Must Awaken: Making Dune, a brand new feature-length documentary by Ballyhoo Motion Pictures exploring the making of the film, featuring dozens of new and archive interviews with cast and crew
    Beyond Imagination: Merchandising Dune, a brand new featurette exploring the merchandise created to promote the film, featuring toy collector/producer Brian Sillman (The Toys That Made Us)
    Prophecy Fulfilled: Scoring Dune, a brand new featurette on the film's music score, featuring interviews with Toto guitarist Steve Lukather, Toto keyboardist Steve Porcaro, and film music historian Tim Greiving
    Brand new interview with make-up effects artist Giannetto de Rossi, filmed in 2020
    Archive interview with production coordinator Golda Offenheim, filmed in 2003
    Archive interview with star Paul Smith, filmed in 2008
    Archive interview with make-up effects artist Christopher Tucker

Click image for larger version

Name:	190725769_1432080487135166_8875378096282170403_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	371632
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I know Lynch has disowned the film, but I wonder if he knows about those commentaries?

Comment

No TV cut? I'm surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by Wernski View Post
        No TV cut? I'm surprised.
        To quote Arrow producer James Flower over on Criterion Forum:

As for the extended cut, needless to say if it were up to me we'd have the extended cut in HD with an option to watch with the Irulan prologue and I'd have probably chucked in the SD master of the original two-part TV airing for good measure - but it's not up to me so we can't, and I can't really say much more.

Comment

This
          The Sleeper Must Awaken: Making Dune, a brand new feature-length documentary by Ballyhoo Motion Pictures exploring the making of the film, featuring dozens of new and archive interviews with cast and crew
          has been dropped from the release. They say it is because it will not be finished in time. I don't know why they don't push the release date back a couple of weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Derrick King View Post
            This
            has been dropped from the release. They say it is because it will not be finished in time. I don't know why they don't push the release date back a couple of weeks.
            Because Arrow must fuck up, just as the spice must flow.

Comment

Originally posted by Derrick King View Post
              This
              Well, Fuck! I'm likely going to cancel then. The doc was the thing that made it a purchase for me. IMHO, stupid decision not to push, unless their license is significantly time limited and/or the doc cost more than expected and they're going to do it standalone (which seems not totally unlikely).

Comment

It's not like they need a tie-in with the new film's release date to sell it. Arrow could put out a UHD of Leonard part 6 and it would sell out.

I wonder what Koch will do with their release as it was supposed to be on there too? It also supposedly comes with a reprint of the Marvel adaptation.
                I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

The documentary is still listed for the German release and German distributor Koch Media has confirmed that they can and will include it. It is actually finished now, but it was finished too late for Arrow's US & UK production schedule, which apparently requires more time than Koch's.

https://shop.kochfilms.de/de/dune-de...och-films-shop

This release also has the extended cut on two BDs (something else Arrow has claimed they couldn't include) and the soundtrack CD.
                  Zaibatan
                  Last edited by Zaibatan; 07-03-2021, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Coming from Imprint in April.

Name:	d1.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	427877

Name:	d2.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	427878