No announcement yet.

David Cronenberg's Crimes Of The Future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This damn thing still hasn't got a UK distributor (I mean, it's only a UK co-production ffs...), but there's a French UHD coming in September which I'll probably grab.
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

I'm going to see this in the theatre on Saturday.

Comment

Some info on the domestic Blu-ray release coming 8/9/22.

https://bleedingcool.com/movies/crim...enberg-august/
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Cover art and extras.

Special Features and Technical Specs:
          The Making of Crimes of the Future - Featurette
          Theatrical trailers
          Audio: English DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1
          Optional English SDH subtitles for the main feature

Click image for larger version

Name:	289412887_1702189536790925_3369154624764656886_n.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	123.3 KB
ID:	395850
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by agent999 View Post
            This damn thing still hasn't got a UK distributor (I mean, it's only a UK co-production ffs...), but there's a French UHD coming in September which I'll probably grab.
            I must have missed this post previously, but.... really?? No one in the UK wants to step up to release a much-publicised, arguable-return-to-form David Cronenberg film? Jeez, what's the world (or rather this stupid country) coming to...
            https://breakfastintheruins.blogspot.com/
            http://stereosanctity.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by BW Haggar View Post

I must have missed this post previously, but.... really?? No one in the UK wants to step up to release a much-publicised, arguable-return-to-form David Cronenberg film? Jeez, what's the world (or rather this stupid country) coming to...
              Not sure what the status is now, but Alan Jones said it hadn't sold a couple of weeks ago, and that the poor US box office was unlikely to help.
              I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

It might be a combination of the rights being comparatively expensive precisely because it's a new film by David Cronenberg and the various national distributors just not seeing enough potential audience in the marketplace right now. I am quite upset that it won't get a theatrical release until November in my country but that could also be down to the same reasons. (Another factor might be the odd but well-established belief that "horror" only works in the fall season.) I really wanted to see this theatrically but I don't have the patience to wait another 5 months.

Comment

Damn. $2.4M in total U.S. gross. That's sad. I'm not the biggest fan (see my review earlier in this thread), but, it's worthy of being seen.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeS View Post
                    Damn. $2.4M in total U.S. gross. That's sad. I'm not the biggest fan (see my review earlier in this thread), but, it's worthy of being seen.
                    I had a quick glance but couldn't find the budget but the original swing at the script in the early 2000s was budgeted at $35 million according to wikipedia. Someones taking a bath on this thing. I wonder what the likes of Netflix and HBO would have paid to have had this film exclusively for a few months without a theatrical release. I'm sure it would have been a hell of a lot more than $2.5 million.
                    "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Working...
                    X