Has blu-ray.com gone tits up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has blu-ray.com gone tits up?

Seems to be redirecting to another site.

I mostly used it for checking the deals, certainly won't miss the mods and 50% of the members if it has gone.

Anyone know another site that lists Blu Ray deals for multiple countries?
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Huh, crazy. Wonder if the domain name expired and somebody jumped on it?

Comment

If you use http instead of https, you'll get this message:

Unexpected downtime

Hello everyone! We have a faulty OS hard drive which didn't want to be replaced in an easy way, which has caused the unexpected downtime. The site and your data is on other hard drives and we also have mirrored backups in several geographical locations so you don't need to worry about data loss.

The server ran CentOS which was abruptly discontinued recently, therefore we are evaluating our options on whether to try to go back to the OS we have now, or install a new OS.

Because of Covid and that it's Friday night, things will take longer than usual to fix, unfortunately it will probably take several days. We will be working non-stop to get the site back online.

We deeply apologize about this, Blu-ray.com is not run by a large corporation therefore our mirrored backup sites aren't powerful enough to simply switch over the complete site immediately.

// Blu-ray.com team

Comment

It's just preparation for their relaunch as Slipcover.com, as that's all most of the idiots who post there actually give a shit about.

Comment

Originally posted by Headless Body View Post
          If you use http instead of https, you'll get this message:
          Thanks. Downtime is good for my wallet.

Comment

Originally posted by agent999 View Post
            Seems to be redirecting to another site.

I mostly used it for checking the deals, certainly won't miss the mods and 50% of the members if it has gone.

Anyone know another site that lists Blu Ray deals for multiple countries?
            Sends me to communities dot com

Comment

too much man-child slipcover talk and brown nosing probably crashed their server!

Comment

I wonder if a prolonged outage will affect genre blu-ray sales. It has me feeling out of groove already. I went there today hoping to quickly identify what Arrow and SF titles I'm needing. Kinda in the mood to buy right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy Parker View Post
                  It's just preparation for their relaunch as Slipcover.com, as that's all most of the idiots who post there actually give a shit about.
                  I almost took a picture of me cleaning up the other day, where I threw out about 30 slipcovers and digital download inserts. Figured that might be worth a laugh at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
                    I almost took a picture of me cleaning up the other day, where I threw out about 30 slipcovers and digital download inserts. Figured that might be worth a laugh at some point.
                    Nice!

You should have burned a few, just for maximum triggering value!

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy Parker View Post
                      Nice!

You should have burned a few, just for maximum triggering value!
                      I just had a great idea of a video where I put 4K slipcovers on my old DVD copies of the same films and shelve them in the 4K section. BOOM.

Comment

The version of Nosferatu in Venice I have has a slipcover (not by choice, it's just what the supplier I use had). It is so tight, it's like trying to fuck a mouse's ear. It is absolutely ridiculous, it's genuinely difficult to get the damn film out. And it's a really crap cover too. If you're going to do a slip, you might as well do something interesting like Vinegar Syndrome.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
                          I just had a great idea of a video where I put 4K slipcovers on my old DVD copies of the same films and shelve them in the 4K section. BOOM.
                          You have my blessing!

Comment

Working...
                          X