No announcement yet.

Scorsese newest controversy about streaming and Cinema

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scorsese is right and everything sucks. I mean that literally. Culture is dead. Cinema especially so. It's all brainwashing and destructive propaganda these days. The other day I watched the trailer for the new Cruella movie. Not many seconds in and I hear "I'm a woman, hear me roar". Nope, fuck you. Clicked it off and now I will torrent it instead of paying for it. I rarely buy new films. And if I do, like I said, I ALWAYS torrent first to see if it's shit or not. Anything with an agenda gets rejected instantly which pretty much rules out anything Netflix. The state of cinema (and the world in general) makes me genuinely sad. The upside: There's thousands of really awesome movies to explore from the birth of the medium to the 90's before everything went to shit culturally.
    Nabonga
    Last edited by Nabonga; 02-21-2021, 02:47 PM.
    https://www.instagram.com/moviemorpho83/

Oh, not on Cauliflower! Oh, not on Broccoli!

Comment

Originally posted by Toyboy View Post
      If you go to your public library you can check out the entire works of Ernest Hemingway, a CD of Bach compositions, a BluRay of Goodfellas and the latest issue of National Geographic...

...or you can check out a trashy romance novel, a CD of TV show themes, a DVD of America's Funniest Cat Videos and the latest US Weekly.

Does that mean public libraries diminish the value of some works by offering them up along side others that people consider to be less enriching?

The internet is a storage unit filled with all kinds of stuff, subjectively good and bad, and the people that seek out the good will get what they want and the people who only want the trash can get that too. There are people who subscribe to the Criterion Channel and nothing else and there are people who only watch Star Wars memorabilia unboxing videos on Youtube. Thoughtful people know how to balance the two.
      I love you, man.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
        I love you, man.
        Ah, shucks...
        Now everyone can have a complete KRULL lifestyle.

Comment

Originally posted by Nabonga View Post
          Scorsese is right and everything sucks. I mean that literally. Culture is dead. Cinema especially so. It's all brainwashing and destructive propaganda these days. The other day I watched the trailer for the new Cruella movie. Not many seconds in and I hear "I'm a woman, hear me roar". Nope, fuck you. Clicked it off and now I will torrent it instead of paying for it. I rarely buy new films. And if I do, like I said, I ALWAYS torrent first to see if it's shit or not. Anything with an agenda gets rejected instantly which pretty much rules out anything Netflix. The state of cinema (and the world in general) makes me genuinely sad. The upside: There's thousands of really awesome movies to explore from the birth of the medium to the 90's before everything went to shit culturally.
          Bet there's a press release for that Cruella movie somewhere that mentions how it "subverts expectations".
          LA PASIÓN ESPAÑOL: THE EROTIC MELODRAMAS OF VICENTE ARANDA (1991-1999)

Comment

If you go to your public library you can check out the entire works of Ernest Hemingway, a CD of Bach compositions, a BluRay of Goodfellas and the latest issue of National Geographic...

...or you can check out a trashy romance novel, a CD of TV show themes, a DVD of America's Funniest Cat Videos and the latest Us Weekly magazine.

Does that mean public libraries diminish the value of some works by offering them up along side others that people consider to be less enriching?

The internet is a storage unit filled with all kinds of stuff, subjectively good and bad, and the people that seek out the good will get what they want and the people who only want the trash can get that too. There are people who subscribe to the Criterion Channel and nothing else and there are people who only watch Star Wars memorabilia unboxing videos on Youtube. Thoughtful people know how to balance the two.
            I'm picturing Marty caught in an endless auto play loop watching Red Letter Media Wheel of the Worst and Nerd Crew vids and old Top Gear BBC clips. Oh wait. Yep that's me.
            "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Comment

Word.
              Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Working...
              X