• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alex K. View Post
    I unironically like Zardoz.
    As do I.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

He doubled down on his views 20 years later. Even going as far to explain when it was acceptable to hit a woman.......I think people are intitled to point this out.

Comment

Yes, someone just posted up this video. Not a great look.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=mzXkbJwrN38
        "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Originally posted by Dom D View Post
          My facebook feed is full of my acquaintances bemoaning what a misogynistic arsehole he was- apparently at some point in an interview he said sometimes women need a bit of a slap? But then all my acquaintances are in the arts (or believe themselves to be) and one has come to expect exhaustingly extreme views from them.
          To be fair, Diane Cilento claimed that Connery was physically abusive towards her during their marriage, though if I remember correctly Connery vociferously denied this.

On the other hand, he was an incredible philanthropist, supporting all sorts of charitable organisations (eg, donating his entire fee - a substantial for the time $1.25 million - from DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER to the Scottish International Education Trust). The latter doesn't cancel out the former, but the former also doesn't negate the latter; what's true is that people are complex and more than the sum of the various parts of their lives.
          'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
          'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

"Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

"When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Comment

Of course Facebook is full of people complaining, happens every time a celebrity dies. What can you do? He's a man, he had flaws. Absolutely, people are entitled to address it. Still kind of a bummer that we now live in a world that doesn't include Sean Connery.

Comment

Originally posted by The Silly Swede View Post
                  If Sean Connery says it is sometimes OK to slap a women (when all other options are exhausted) I feel that carries more weight then the combined opinions of every god damn feminist/liberal/artsy person in the entire world.
                  And that is why you are called The Silly Swede.
                  Killer Meteor
                  Last edited by Killer Meteor; 11-01-2020, 06:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by willpak View Post
                    He doubled down on his views 20 years later. Even going as far to explain when it was acceptable to hit a woman.......I think people are intitled to point this out.
                    Do they really need to point it out on the day of his death? It's the way people on social media pounce right away that I find off-putting - it's like they can't wait to remind everyone what a monster they think he was. It's entitlement gone wild.
                    Matt H.
                    Last edited by Matt H.; 11-01-2020, 11:06 AM.
                    Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
                      Do they really need to point it out on the day of his death? It's the way people on social media pounce right away that I find off-putting - it's like they can't wait to remind everyone what a monster they think he was. It's entitlement gone wild.
                      It's a backlash to the media's old tradition of lionizing every dead celebrity. The lineup of talking heads giving Frank Sinatra sloppy blowjobs when that piece of shit kicked the bucket was nauseating.

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy Parker View Post
                        It's a backlash to the media's old tradition of lionizing every dead celebrity. The lineup of talking heads giving Frank Sinatra sloppy blowjobs when that piece of shit kicked the bucket was nauseating.
                        And the fact that everyone thinks they're edgy now. It's almost edgier to show compassion and respect nowadays.
                        Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

It's best to ignore the minority of crazies. It's pretty easy, just ignore the clickbait sites and blue checkmark's on Twitter.
                          "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
                            Yeah, I get you....but with all the endless praise....I get why people want to point it out.

Comment

Working...
                            X