Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Sean Connery

Legend. RIP.
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Truly a legend. He had a nice run checking out at 90. A solid actor despite never changing his acshent. Ever. Rest in peace (don't slap too many bitches in heaven).
    https://www.instagram.com/moviemorpho83/

Oh, not on Cauliflower! Oh, not on Broccoli!

Comment

This is one that hits hard. Connery was an interesting actor, not unwilling to take risks. THE OFFENCE and THE HILL are two of my favourite Connery-starring films.
      'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
      'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

Sad day. RIP 007.
        "The popcorn you're eating has been pissed in. Film at 11".

Comment

Very sad. 90 is a good run, but gonna miss having him around. RIP.

Comment

RIP to a true legend.
            "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

RIP.
              "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Farewell to the man who would be king. RIP.
                "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Comment

RIP
                  As Paul mentioned above, those films he made for Lumet are phenomenal! As the years pass, The Offence looks more and more like one of the great British films of the '70's.

Comment

I remember years ago there was a video of Virginia Madsen at a convention talking about Highlander 2 where she said that on Connery's first day on set some handler/agent got there first to warn his fellow cast members to never mention James Bond to him and always refer to him as "Mr. Connery". Madsen being Madsen ran up to him the instant she saw him shouting "OH MY GOD SEAN CONNERY I LOVE JAMES BOND" and things of that nature and Connery was the exact opposite of what that guy made everyone think. According to Madsen, he was the nicest, coolest guy that would hang out and joke around with everyone. No ego.
                    LA PASIÓN ESPAÑOL: THE EROTIC MELODRAMAS OF VICENTE ARANDA (1991-1999)

Comment

My facebook feed is full of my acquaintances bemoaning what a misogynistic arsehole he was- apparently at some point in an interview he said sometimes women need a bit of a slap? But then all my acquaintances are in the arts (or believe themselves to be) and one has come to expect exhaustingly extreme views from them.

Death of a legend as far as I'm concerned. No one announced themselves as a superstar as quickly as he did. That first shot, where the camera pans to him, in Doctor No is iconic. Instantly anyone in the audince knows this guy is destined to be one of the biggest stars of all time.

I do feel like he should have been in more good films than he was. He certainly shouldn't have been in Zardoz... Loved his turn in The Last Crusade though. He makes that movie.
                      "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

If Sean Connery says it is sometimes OK to slap a women (when all other options are exhausted) I feel that carries more weight then the combined opinions of every god damn feminist/liberal/artsy person in the entire world.
                        "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

Originally posted by Dom D View Post
                          He certainly shouldn't have been in Zardoz...
                          Was trying to convince my mom, who LOVES Connery, to watch this today as she's never seen it. I love the movie and completely understand why other people absolutely do not.

RIP, the guy was, as has been said, a legend.
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Dom D View Post
                            My facebook feed is full of my acquaintances bemoaning what a misogynistic arsehole he was- apparently at some point in an interview he said sometimes women need a bit of a slap? But then all my acquaintances are in the arts (or believe themselves to be) and one has come to expect exhaustingly extreme views from them.
                            Unbelievable. People need to get off their high horses and show some fucking respect. On the other hand, like you mentioned, this kind of shit is almost expected nowadays. I think some of these loudmouths truly believe that they've never said or done anything wrong in their lives, as if their perceived "perfect records" permit them to judge everyone else whenever they see fit.

Anyways, Connery was always a cool character and certainly a legend and he will be missed. RIP.
                            Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                              Was trying to convince my mom, who LOVES Connery, to watch this today as she's never seen it. I love the movie and completely understand why other people absolutely do not.

RIP, the guy was, as has been said, a legend.
                              I unironically like Zardoz.
                              "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Working...
                              X