Vestron Video Releasing Little Monsters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vestron Video Releasing Little Monsters

Click image for larger version  Name:	lm.jpg Views:	1 Size:	57.5 KB ID:	371269

Street Date: 9/15/20
    Blu-rayâ„¢ + Digital SRP: $17.99

Lionsgate Resurrects Cult Classic in High Definition

PROGRAM DESCRIPTION
    Brand new to the Vestron Video Collector's Series at #19, the family-friendly gateway to young horror fans, Little Monsters, arrives on Blu-ray and Digital September 15 from Lionsgate. Newly remastered in shocking high definition, this funny family fantasy-adventure stars Golden Globe nominee Fred Savage (1991, Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series - Comedy or Musical, The Wonder Years), Primetime Emmy nominee Howie Mandel (2008, Outstanding Host for a Reality or Reality-Competition Program, Deal or No Deal), Daniel Stern, and Emmy nominee Margaret Whitton (2014, Outstanding Arts & Culture Programming, Casting By). With 6 new special features, including an all new interview with Howie Mandel, the Little Monsters Blu-ray will be available for the suggested retail price of $17.99.

OFFICIAL SYNOPSIS
    New to the Vestron Collector's Series, Little Monsters is the story of Brian (Fred Savage), a sixth-grader who's recently moved to a new town and made friends with Maurice (Howie Mandel), the monster who lives under Brian's bed! Maurice introduces Brian to the world of monsters, where junk food rules, adults aren't allowed, and the fun and games never end. But when Brian's brother is kidnapped, it's time for Brian to get serious and fight the monsters on their turf in this zany cult favorite.

BLU-RAY SPECIAL FEATURES
    *NEW* Audio Commentary with Jarret Gahan, Editor-in-Chief of CultofMonster.com
    *NEW* Isolated Score Selections and Audio Interview with Composer David Newman
    *NEW* Call Him Maurice - An Interview with Actor Howie Mandel
    *NEW* Beneath the Bed - An Interview with Producer Andrew Licht
    *NEW* Monsters Big & Small - An Interview with Special Makeup Effects Creator Robert Short
    *NEW* Vintage Interviews with Actors Fred Savage, Ben Savage, Special Makeup Effects Creator Robert Short, and Director Richard Alan Greenberg
    Behind-the-Scenes Footage
    Making Maurice - Vintage Footage of Howie Mandel's Makeup Transformation
    Vintage EPK & VHS Promo
    Theatrical Trailer
    Still Gallery

CAST
    Fred Savage TV's The Wonder Years, The Princess Bride, The Boy Who Could Fly
    Daniel Stern City Slickers, Home Alone, TV's The Wonder Year
    Margaret Whitton Major League, The Secret of My Success, The Man Without a Face
    and Howie Mandel TV's Deal or No Deal, Gremlins, TV's Bobby's World

PROGRAM INFORMATION
    Year of Production: 1989
    Title Copyright: Little Monsters © 1989 Vestron Pictures, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Artwork & Supplementary Materials © 2020 Lions Gate Entertainment Inc. All Rights Reserved.
    Type: Theatrical Release
    Rating: Rated PG
    Genre: Comedy, Adventure, Family, Fantasy
    Closed-Captioned: N/A
    Subtitles: English, Spanish, English SDH
    Feature Run Time: 101 minutes
    Blu-ray Format: 1080p High Definition, 16x9 1.78:1 Presentation
    Blu-ray Audio: English 2.0 DTS-HD Master Audio
    Ian Jane
    Administrator
    Last edited by Ian Jane; 01-09-2024, 06:48 PM.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I had the misfortune of seeing this in the theatre.

Comment

I thought it was pretty good.
      "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Well, Mr. Contrary, I'm shocked by your admission.

Comment

Purgatory is waiting for Mark, and it's going to be an endless double feature of Little Monsters and Jason Goes to Hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex K. View Post
            Purgatory is waiting for Mark, and it's going to be an endless double feature of Little Monsters and Jason Goes to Hell.
            Hahahahaha, maybe I'll revisit Jason Goes to Hell one day and be amazed that I've been living in the dark for so long.

Comment

I recently found the NOW Comics Little Monsters mini series.

Comment

I'm not surprised. How is the comic because I like NOW's Fright Night and the few Terminator comics they did.

Comment

Liked this as a kid, but I'm not sure about the likelihood of now...
                  Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

I was haunted by this movie as a kid. The idea of A) Apple juice being switched for pee an B) Turning into a monster again your will, AKA puberty, scared me to no end.
                    Listen to The Bay Street Video Podcast to hear me and the store's product manager talk about all the new Blu-ray and DVDs coming out every week. It's recorded live from Toronto, Canada in one of the few remaining brick and mortar video stores left standing, each episode is jam-packed with recommendations, discoveries, and maybe even... Laughs? You'll have to listen to find out!

Comment

I watched this on Prime last week, and it held up pretty well. Fun movie with some good makeup work.

Comment

I read the novelization of this movie as a kid. I never saw the movie.

Comment

Steelbook edition coming from Lionsgate soon, here's the press release!

Blu-ray™ + Digital Street Date: 3/5/24
                          Blu-ray™ + Digital Steelbook® SRP: $22.99
                          Available only at Walmart

PROGRAM DESCRIPTION
                          Howie Mandell and Fred Savage return with the Vestron cult classic Little Monsters, arriving March 5 on SteelBook® Blu-ray™ + Digital from Lionsgate. Join sixth-grader Maurice as he finds his new best friend, who happens to be the monster under his bed! Featuring all-new artwork from Vance Kelly, Little Monsters will only be available at Walmart on SteelBook for the suggested retail price of $22.99.

OFFICIAL SYNOPSIS
                          Little Monsters is the story of Brian, a sixth grader who’s recently moved to a new town and made friends with Maurice — the monster who lives under Brian’s bed! Maurice introduces Brian to the world of monsters, where junk food rules, adults aren’t allowed, and the fun and games never end. But when Brian’s brother is kidnapped, it’s time for Brian to get serious and fight the monsters on their turf in this zany cult favorite.

4K ULTRA HD / BLU-RAY SPECIAL FEATURES
                          • Audio Commentary with Jarret Gahan, Editor-In-Chief of cultofmonster.com
                          • Isolated Score Selections and Audio Interview with Composer David Newman
                          • “Call Him Maurice” — An Interview with Actor Howie Mandel
                          • “Beneath The Bed” — An Interview with Producer Andrew Licht
                          • “Monsters Big & Small” — An Interview with Special Makeup Effects Creator Robert Short
                          • Vintage Interviews with Actors Fred Savage, Ben Savage, Special Makeup Effects Creator Robert Short, and Director Richard Alan Greenberg
                          • Behind-The-Scenes Footage
                          • Vintage Footage: “Making Maurice” — Howie Mandel’s Makeup Transformation
                          • Vintage EPK & VHS Promo
                          • Theatrical Trailer
                          • Still Gallery
                          CAST
                          Fred Savage TV’s “The Wonder Years,” The Princess Bride, The Boy Who Could Fly
                          Daniel Stern City Slickers, Home Alone, TV’s “The Wonder Years”
                          Margaret Whitton Major League, The Secret of My Success, The Man Without a Face
                          Ben Savage TV’s “Boy Meets World,” “Girl Meets World,” “Wild Palms”
                          Frank Whaley Broken Arrow, Pulp Fiction, The Doors
                          Rick Ducommun The ‘Burbs, Spaceballs, Groundhog Day
                          Howie Mandel TV’s “America’s Got Talent,” “Deal or No Deal”

PROGRAM INFORMATION
                          Year of Production: 1989
                          Title Copyright: Little Monsters © 1989 Vestron Pictures, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Artwork & Supplementary Materials ®, ™ & © 2024 Lions Gate Entertainment Inc. All Rights Reserved
                          Type: Catalog Re-Release
                          Run Time: 107 minutes
                          Rating: PG
                          Genre: Adventure, Comedy
                          Closed-Captioned: N/A
                          Subtitles: Spanish, English SDH
                          Feature Run Time: 101 minutes
                          BD Format: 1080p High Definition • 16x9 (1.78:1) Presentation
                          BD Audio: English 2.0 DTS-HD Master Audio™
                          Artist Information: Vance Kelly

Click image for larger version

Name:	lit.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	405.2 KB
ID:	426137
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                          X