Bill & Ted Face The Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
    I was really enjoying it for the first half hour or so - nostalgia definitely factored in - but it eventually gets too busy and kinda boring (also somewhat incomprehensible). There's also way too many characters and really not enough Bill and Ted. I enjoyed the performances of their kids, particularly Brigette Lundy-Paine as Billie, doing a spot-on Keanu Reeves impression. I liked the actor who plays Louis Armstrong, too.
    I thought Lundy-Paine was good as well. I checked out her bio on imdb, my first exposure to the They/Them pronoun, threw me for a loop lol. I thought it was like a Mary Kate/Ashley Olsen thing.

But yeah, I agree with you. It started off strong, it got weaker.

Comment

You sour puss bastards! Absolutely the best Bill and Ted movie (not saying a huge amount) and absolutely the best thing to happen in 2020 (not saying much).

There hasn't been a true cult comedy that everyone loved since The Big Lebowski. I'm calling it. Face The Music is the Lebowski for the 2020s.

Loved Winter and Keanu. Loved the daughters- Lundy did a better Ted than Keanu. Loved the way their adventure recalled Excellent Adventure while Winter and Keanu went off on an all new tack.

So much better than it has any right to be. The only caveat. SPOILERS

Bill and Ted unite the world by playing the song at the same time around the world and through time. On the other hand the distributors of this film decide to release in the US before the rest of the world so we have to resort to pirate Bay. Bullshit. Would have proudly paid for this film.
      "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Originally posted by Dom D View Post

Bill and Ted unite the world by playing the song at the same time around the world and through time. On the other hand the distributors of this film decide to release in the US before the rest of the world so we have to resort to pirate Bay. Bullshit. Would have proudly paid for this film.

Damn, son! Distributors fighting to undo the good work done by Logan/Esquire!

Comment

Originally posted by Dom D View Post
          Are you sure? This mediocrity cost me 20 bucks in Canada (plus it was distributed by the horrible VVS, so the transfer was sub-par to boot!).
          Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
            Are you sure? This mediocrity cost me 20 bucks in Canada (plus it was distributed by the horrible VVS, so the transfer was sub-par to boot!).
            Ha, yep, we went the same route on that.

Comment

Brigette Lundy-Paine did a great Keanu; I like them a lot in Atypical and felt like the kids were a great addition to the series.

Overall- Criterion isn't going to be picking it up and it's not likely to go down as a classic, but for 2020, nostalgia is going a LONG way for me and I thought it's charm outweighed it's flaws.

Comment

This is on Hulu now. Watched it last night. That was 90 minutes of my life I'll never got back. I thought it was trash. Laughed about 3 times during the whole thing. It just didn't work for me, which is weird as I still like the first movie and this should work on the same level, but it just didn't click for me. At all.
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                  This is on Hulu now. Watched it last night. That was 90 minutes of my life I'll never got back. I thought it was trash. Laughed about 3 times during the whole thing. It just didn't work for me, which is weird as I still like the first movie and this should work on the same level, but it just didn't click for me. At all.
                  First movie is still great, watched it recently and laughed like a goon. This one was....largely garbage.

Comment

Looks like Shout! Factory are releasing the original film on UHD soon.

Click image for larger version

Name:	296887818_1729664654043413_3869665217834476289_n.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	398002
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                    X