X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill & Ted Face The Music

Here it is...

Rock! Shock! Pop!

I can't wait to read all of the comments from people who already hate it.
    Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

We need Paul Casey's opinion on this.
      "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Comment

I'm not the target audience for this, I'm indifferent to the first two.
        I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

did not like the first one but enjoyed Bogus Journey. teaser looks funny. i'll watch it when it comes out

Comment

Looks like a parody trailer.
            "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Bogus Journey was garbage IMO, but I'll see this, regardless

Comment

It looked better than the trailer for Bogus Journey did,

Comment

I was not happy to see the Grim Reaper show up, but as long as we don't see the return of "Station", it should be okay.

Comment

Bill and Ted- both of them- we're on permanent rotation in my youth and I'm really looking forward to this one. By god they look old though...
                    "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

I got to wondering what the plans for the distribution of this film. I looked it up. Its got a release date of August 20 scheduled but that was locked in before it went into production. It's unlikely that it still stands. The release of the trailer doesn't really indicate anything, it was released on the 9th of July because apparently "fans refer to that as Bill and Ted day" (6th of the 9th =69). But I'm pretty sure they made that up and that there are no fans celebrating Bill and Ted day. I sure hope not anyway...

But! What a perfect movie this would be to release on digital right now. They keep talking about how these mid sized movies are going to be lost to the cinemas forever because they make more sense on digital. This seems exactly the movie to properly kick off the trend.. I could easily see this disappearing at the box office. The 3rd sequel to some fairly minor films from 30 years ago? It's a stretch. People who were fans back in the day robably don't go to cinemas a lot now and im not sure that trailers pulling in new fans. On the other hand they'd rule the world with a big digital release right now. I know I'd struggle to get the motivation to go to the cinemas for it but I'd certainly break out the popcorn and pay 20 bucks to watch it on Google. It would feel event-y enough.
                      "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

The first film is getting a 4k release in the UK.

http://www.themoviewaffler.com/2020/...er-poster.html

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I don't know that I need that in 4K hahaha. But I really have been meaning to revisit the first one. last time I watched it was about 10 years ago when my daughter was 11 or so, she thought it was the dumbest thing she'd ever watched haha.

Comment

Rented this on Google Movies. It was alright. I expected dumb as shit, and that's what I got, so I managed to be mildly entertained. I would rank it higher than the sequel, but that's about it. Nice to see so many of the cast return, though.

Comment

I was really enjoying it for the first half hour or so - nostalgia definitely factored in - but it eventually gets too busy and kinda boring (also somewhat incomprehensible). There's also way too many characters and really not enough Bill and Ted. I enjoyed the performances of their kids, particularly Brigette Lundy-Paine as Billie, doing a spot-on Keanu Reeves impression. I liked the actor who plays Louis Armstrong, too.
                              Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Working...
                              X