Where are you buying from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are you buying from?

Just throwing this out there, but where are you getting your movies from? I thought I understood Amazon's policy about shipping, but was wrong. Placing an order today would mean getting it in 5 to 6 weeks.

I've ordered 2 from VCI and the arrived in less than a week, even though it was media mail.

Just placed an order with Deep Discount, so that will be a wait and see situation.
    "The popcorn you're eating has been pissed in. Film at 11".

I placed an order with VS during their sale, but that's only because they have an option for it to ship within Canada. Not sure how long it's going to take, but at least it doesn't have to come across the border or customs or anything like that. I'm not going to be ordering anything from the States for the time being; I don't want to be stressing out about packages.
    Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

I figure I'll keep an eye on Amazon, but will be relying on indie sellers from eBay and then the other online stores like Diabolik, Grindhouse Video, Deep Discount, etc. And company-direct ordering too (Code Red, Ronin Flix, Mondo Macabro, Something Weird, VinSyn, etc.). Same will go for music releases I want.

Comment

Originally posted by bgart13 View Post
        I figure I'll keep an eye on Amazon, but will be relying on indie sellers from eBay and then the other online stores like Diabolik, Grindhouse Video, Deep Discount, etc. And company-direct ordering too (Code Red, Ronin Flix, Mondo Macabro, Something Weird, VinSyn, etc.). Same will go for music releases I want.
        Some limited choices there.

Comment

I haven't been buying discs for a long time now but right now I'm locked in and my mail box is 2 kilometres down some pretty rustic road. Not that the postie would leave a parcel in the mailbox anyway. So even if I was of a collectors mindset it would be totally impossible to get discs in. It appears to be a gold rush for people offering films over the net at the moment as Disney rushes out the new Star Wars and Frozen 2 and current movies like Bloodshot go straight to video to take advantage of all us poor bastards who are locked in. I'm hoping this inspires some sort of sanity from the cult labels to finally offer a download option. They've cost themselves a fuck ton of money right now.
          "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Originally posted by Dom D View Post
            I'm hoping this inspires some sort of sanity from the cult labels to finally offer a download option. They've cost themselves a fuck ton of money right now.
            You're not wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
              Some limited choices there.
              Not for me.

Comment

After declaring a couple weeks ago that I was strictly region 1 I finally decided dip my toes into region 2. Being able to order discs cheap from Amazon in the UK helped. Now Amazon US isn't receiving shipments from Amazon UK, grrrr. So I've been ordering from third party sellers and eBay instead, but honestly since this ramped up I've tried to curtail any unnecessary spending.
                "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Comment

I placed an order with VS during their sale, but that's only because they have an option for it to ship within Canada. Not sure how long it's going to take, but at least it doesn't have to come across the border or customs or anything like that. I'm not going to be ordering anything from the States for the time being; I don't want to be stressing out about packages.
                  There seems to be some confusion over VS shipping to Canada. They (VS) package the items in CT then pass them on to a company that imports them into Canada and are then mailed from the importer in Toronto. They still come across the border and go through customs but the importer has an arrangement that customs can inspect the packages if they want but almost never does.

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas Wood View Post
                    There seems to be some confusion over VS shipping to Canada. They (VS) package the items in CT then pass them on to a company that imports them into Canada and are then mailed from the importer in Toronto. They still come across the border and go through customs but the importer has an arrangement that customs can inspect the packages if they want but almost never does.
                    No shit? That fucking blows. I'll probably never get this order then.

Comment

OK, so I e-mailed VS about this and they assured me that they have a warehouse in Canada where their discs ship from. Not sure where you got your info, but thanks for making me paranoid for no reason, haha.

Comment

OK, so I e-mailed VS about this and they assured me that they have a warehouse in Canada where their discs ship from. Not sure where you got your info, but thanks for making me paranoid for no reason, haha.
                        This is their warehouse: https://canadaprepandfulfillment.com/

True, they ship from Canada but the packages are prepared in CT.

Comment

To get back to the original question. I still use the same sources but since almost everything I order is new, it really doesn't make any difference since, except for some small labels who have the discs made in states that haven't shut down everything, there won't be any new discs in the foreseeable future. Same goes for books also.

Comment

Bull Moose is still shipping daily now.

Comment

To get back to the original question. I still use the same sources but since almost everything I order is new, it really doesn't make any difference since, except for some small labels who have the discs made in states that haven't shut down everything, there won't be any new discs in the foreseeable future. Same goes for books also.
                              You've forgotten e-books.

Comment

Working...
                              X