This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RSP Funding Questions...

OK, so server fees just came due and the Amazon referral links don't even cover 10% of that cost.

So at this point, I need to look at ways to monetize the site in the least obnoxious way possible because while I'm currently handling all of the costs myself, it's considerably more since moving to the newer (and obviously far better) server than the one we were using a year ago.

So, if you don't mind, please let me know what YOU think is the best way to do this.
    Patreon Subscription
    5.56%
    Paypal donations (ideally twice a year)
    55.56%
    Sell ad space
    33.33%
    Other (please explain)
    5.56%

The poll is expired.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Ad space and donations would work. Get some Flesh Light ads on here.
    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

I have no idea how much server fees are or what you'd get from selling ads but I wouldn't mind having targeted advertising here. A Banner with the latest Mondo Macabro release for instance wouldn't be unwelcome. If there was a "donate here" button somewhere on the site I'd happily kick in every so often as well.
      "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

other

sell used undies. big money to be made with that market...

i like this site so if you setup a paypal then i'll contribute

Comment

Originally posted by Dom D View Post
          I have no idea how much server fees are or what you'd get from selling ads but I wouldn't mind having targeted advertising here. A Banner with the latest Mondo Macabro release for instance wouldn't be unwelcome. If there was a "donate here" button somewhere on the site I'd happily kick in every so often as well.
          Targeted ads would be good, but if it came down to Paypal donations, I wouldn't mind donating a little if it would help.
          'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
          'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

Originally posted by JLG View Post
            other

sell used undies. big money to be made with that market...
            True. Belle Delphines make a fortune and they'd be tiny. No telling what Ian's would fetch on the open market.
            "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Targeted ads and donation button. When I had my Lina site, once a year or so, some random unknown person would make a donation. Might as well do it.
              Alison Jane
              Girl Boss Jane
              Last edited by Alison Jane; 12-10-2019, 06:59 PM.
              Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Targeted ads are cool, donate button, also.

Comment

I can whitelist this site but I prefer donations. Accept cryptocurrency though.

Comment

Thanks, all. I'll give it a few more days for others to chime in and then set something up.

As to what it costs to run the site, I've no problem being 100% transparent here - hosting fees are $629.24 every six months (so $1258.48 a year). There are additional expenses like mailing screeners, software and the like and there will be some programming needed soon (vBulletin 4 is no longer supported so they're basically forcing me to upgrade to 5 and the last time I did that it blew up so I think it might be best to pay a proper programmer to do it) but hosting fees are definitely the bulk of the expense involved in keeping the lights on here.
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I voted to donate through Paypal. Just tell me who to send it to and I'll get the funds to you, Ian.
                      VHS will never die!

Comment

Ads, and a donation button.

I don't care for subscription based stuff, like Patreon.

I prefer being able to donate. I do that from time to time, at different places.

Just leave a donation button someplace. If needed, push a, "Fundraiser" twice a year, if you need a bit more donations.

Comment

PayPal

Comment

OK, since Paypal has a pretty serious lead at this point, I've gone ahead, swallowed my pride and setup a donation page here:

http://www.rockshockpop.com/forums/l...k!-Shock!-Pop!

Much obliged to everyone who chimed in here. I have been in talks with vBulletin about moving to ver. 5 and it's going to require a bit of custom programming work to move it over and keep the main page system more or less the same, so everything helps and I really do appreciate all of you chiming in here.
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I too would be happy to donate, but I don't use Paypal. If you'd PM me your address, Ian, I'll be happy to send along some dough.
                              I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

Working...
                              X