Face/Off Remake In The Works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Face/Off Remake In The Works

"Deadline reports that Paramount is in the process of rebooting the John Woo action-thriller Face/Off with an all-new cast. Oren Uziel (Sonic the Hedgehog, 22 Jump Street) will pen the script for the new film with Neal Moritz set to produce."

More here:

https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/ne...t-at-paramount

https://deadline.com/2019/09/face-of...ge-1202729685/
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Hmmm. Really dumb movie that only worked due to John Woo. Yeah, this remake can't fail.
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Agent999, yeah, John Woo was part of what made it work, but so did the 2 leads involved. It's a silly movie, Nicholas Cage doing his thing. It's over the top, and an OK ride. I'm not sure how they could improve upon it. The comments on one of the links above were pretty funny. People commenting about maybe a gender swap this time? or a trans guy/girl and straight guy?

I'll hold most of my comments until a see a cast.

Comment

In agreement. This film is not remake material, as it litteraly has no real plot only a gimmick.
        "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

The original had perfect casting. I can't imagine anyone else in those roles.

EDIT: We live in a cinematic world with Mission Impossible masks so this can't be compelling anymore
          Jason C
          Last edited by Jason C; 09-10-2019, 03:24 PM.

Comment

I believe the original script of Face/off was supposed to be an out and out sci fi movie. All the sci fi trappings apparently got stripped away when Woo came on board. There's a lot in that film that works a lot better in a sci fi setting. A remake makes some kind of sense if they're going back to that idea of the script.
            "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

For me it won't work without Gina Gershon.

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Ringeisen View Post
                Agent999, yeah, John Woo was part of what made it work, but so did the 2 leads involved. It's a silly movie, Nicholas Cage doing his thing. It's over the top, and an OK ride. I'm not sure how they could improve upon it. The comments on one of the links above were pretty funny. People commenting about maybe a gender swap this time? or a trans guy/girl and straight guy?

I'll hold most of my comments until a see a cast.
                In the old days they could have done a remake where one guy is black and one is white but that is probably un-pc today. o_O
                2019: The only blog to survive the nuclear holocaust

Comment

Seriously, directed by John Woo, starring Nicholas Cage and John Travolta acting like Nicholas Cage. It's great for all of the factors mentioned. No way a remake is any good.

Comment

Working...
                  X