The Batman Movies Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Killer Meteor View Post
    It's barely in the film, just at the tale end of the credits. The reason I knew it was they had a Batman Forever promo doc on UK TV before the film opened, and they made a point of highlighting the song.

In the UK, Batman Forever was heavily cut to get a PG. The BD is uncut thankfully.
    An instrumental of it appears when Bruce and the psychiatrist are dancing, if I recall correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy Parker View Post
      An instrumental of it appears when Bruce and the psychiatrist are dancing, if I recall correctly.
      I think you're thinking of the "Face to Face" song from Batman Returns, which does indeed play during a dance scene.

Comment

Originally posted by Killer Meteor View Post
        I think you're thinking of the "Face to Face" song from Batman Returns, which does indeed play during a dance scene.
        There is a scene with an instrumental Kiss From A Rose, but I can't recall exactly where. I haven't watched the movie in a long time.

Comment

Keaton might be coming back as Batman in the upcoming The Flash movie.

https://www.denofgeek.com/movies/bat...he-flash-dceu/
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I am more SHOCKED Warner didn't fire Miller after choking that fan.
            "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex K. View Post
              I am more SHOCKED Warner didn't fire Miller after choking that fan.
              They could replace him with someone milder like Ron Jeremy. Would be a bit slower though.
              I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Ha!

Comment

When I read the name Ezra Miller, I keep thinking of some Wisconsin hillbilly serial killer.

Comment

Looks good.

Comment

Yeah, I'd watch that.
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Sprinkle on some Nirvana for instant darkness.
                        I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

That's quite the cast (though I can not stand Jeffrey Wright). Be interesting to see Pattinson pull it off. Or rather, if he can pull it off.

Comment

I like it.

Comment

Some of the viral marketing for the Pattinson Batman movie has been pretty creative.

https://bleedingcool.com/movies/the-...dlers-website/
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
                                That's quite the cast (though I can not stand Jeffrey Wright). Be interesting to see Pattinson pull it off. Or rather, if he can pull it off.
                                We watched it last night and I feel like he did.

Some random thoughts on the movie...

What I liked?
                                -the look of Gotham and the art design
                                -the fact that the Batmobile is basically the last of the V-8 Interceptors
                                -Paul Dano basically going full psycho in some of his messages
                                -Colin Farrel was a rad Penguin and I'd like to see more of him in a sequel, though I've heard he's getting an HBO Max TV show.
                                -John Turturro, I always love this guy and it was nice to see him get a good part in this and play it well
                                -the action scenes hit pretty hard in this, and are well choreographed
                                -the use of CGI in the movie didn't stick out like a sore thumb or take me out of the movie, which is rare in a superhero movie
                                -some nice nods to The Long Halloween, Year One and the Legends Of The Dark Knight Venom storylines
                                -they did a good job of making Pattinson look 'big' as Batman, which I think is important when he's going to be fighting 20 guys at once
                                -lots of motorcyles

What I didn't like
                                -that Joker cameo was completely unnecessary (though if you've seen the deleted scene that is online you'll know it could have been worse) and was clearly just fan service
                                -Selina Kyle got basically zero character development. Zoey Kravitz delivered a fine performance and she looked great in the part but her character was really thin
                                -Andy Serkis doesn't do it for me as Alfred, I don't know why. He's a good actor and there was nothing wrong with his performance but he didn't click for me.
                                -The Batcave should be a cave and not a subway station
                                -It was about 45 minutes longer than it needed to be, though to be fair, I was never bored even during scenes where the pacing definitely could have been improved

Overall though, I enjoyed it. Won't rush out to buy the UHD or anything, but it mostly gave me what I wanted from a Batman movie not starring Adam West.
                                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                                X