https://amzn.to/2UxLfIW

Click image for larger version

Name:	51GDiMoVTyL._SX342_.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	355859
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

That cover art is complete shit. All of it. Shit.
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

This too. Yuck,

https://amzn.to/2UuY1Ih

Click image for larger version

Name:	51RlQZrxjfL.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	355860
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I picked the Warner book blu-ray of the first film up for the lady, because she was a fan. After watching it....fan no longer. It does not hold up well. I have zero interest in seeing the others. BATMAN AND ROBIN is so shitty, it boggles the mind.

Comment

Yeah, Burton's movies did NOT age well at all.

Schumacher's were shit to begin with.

Comment

They sure were. The only other one I haven't watched since I saw it in the theatre is Batman Returns, but I disliked it so much when I saw it, I've never felt the need.

Comment

Bat Dance!
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I think Batman Returns has aged wonderfully. It's the only Batman film I'll ever need.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                    Bat Dance!
                    VICKI VALE. VICKI VALE.

Comment

Originally posted by Headless Body View Post
                      I think Batman Returns has aged wonderfully. It's the only Batman film I'll ever need.
                      Huh. Maybe I'll give it another go.

Comment

I find the two Burton flicks way more rewatchable than the Nolan films. Hell, I'd put them above most modern superhero flicks. They have style and grit. I can't think of any modern Marvel or DC movie that has either. They embrace the sillier comic booky elements instead of shunning them. I also really like the soundtrack even though it's easy to joke on (I guess?). Certainly more interesting than the bland music in the modern flicks.
                        "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Comment

Burton produced BATMAN FOREVER and I feel like that one ports over some of the tone and look of the first two movies he directed, but with a big dash of the 60's TV show. I never understood why Tommy Lee Jones chose to play Two-Face as though he was The Joker. That character was never portrayed that way in the comics or cartoons - I would guess that nobody involved in the production ever bothered to look at the comics for reference in that one.

BATMAN AND ROBIN comes off like a filmed amusement park attraction, and that is not at all meant as praise.
                          Now everyone can have a complete KRULL lifestyle.

Comment

Batman Returns still holds up wonderfully. Burton really struck a great balance in that one. It's got a legitimately ominous tone thanks to the fucking sublime gothic design. It feels properly dark and brooding, but at the same time he knew being a superhero movie it had to still have mass appeal yet it doesn't feel like a compromised film. DeVito's Penguin make-up is actually pretty gross looking. Michelle Pfeiffer owns the whole movie, though.
                            LA PASIÓN ESPAÑOL: THE EROTIC MELODRAMAS OF VICENTE ARANDA (1991-1999)

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                              I find the two Burton flicks way more rewatchable than the Nolan films. Hell, I'd put them above most modern superhero flicks. They have style and grit. I can't think of any modern Marvel or DC movie that has either. They embrace the sillier comic booky elements instead of shunning them. I also really like the soundtrack even though it's easy to joke on (I guess?). Certainly more interesting than the bland music in the modern flicks.
                              If you seriously don't think there was any style or grit to The Dark Knight or Captain America: The Winter Soldier, I would seriously question if you've even seen them.

Comment

Working...
                              X