• Show
Clear All

• Shout! Factory Releasing Collector's Edition Of Suburbia

Click image for larger version

Name:	Dor6ebTU8AAB8eW.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	369454

Extras are still being worked on but it's coming 1/29/19.

https://www.shoutfactory.com/product...ctor-s-edition
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Oh man. This was the shit when I was like 13, but I saw it a few years back and it's really damn bad haha.

Comment

Full press release:

SHOUT SELECT PRESENTS SUBURBIA COLLECTOR'S EDITION ON BLU-RAYâ„¢ JANUARY 29, 2018

Los Angeles, CA - On January 29, 2019, Shout Select will issue a Blu-rayâ„¢ release of Suburbia Collector's Edition, featuring a gorgeous new 4K scan of the original elements. Customers ordering from Shoutfactory.com will receive a free 18x24 poster featuring the new artwork.

Written and directed by Penelope Spheeris (Decline of Western Civilization, Wayne's World), and featuring Flea from The Red Hot Chili Peppers in his acting debut, Suburbia is Spheeris's study of the Los Angeles punk rock scene in the early 1980s.

Featuring live performances by T.S.O.L., The Vandals and D.I., and starring Bill Coyne, Chris Pederson, Jennifer Clay and Christina Beck, 1984's Suburbia deftly explores the punk rock generation and follows the unforgettable journey of runaway teens who have escaped unhappy homes, punks who have banded together to form their own family. Dubbing themselves “The Rejected,” (aka T.R.), the teens have taken squatters' rights in a filthy, abandoned house, and are bound together by tragedy and punk rock until they're confronted by the “Citizens Against Crime,” a group of irascible adults from the suburbs who blame the punks for the ruin of their town.

Long cited as “the punk rock bible,” Suburbia's legacy is that of having influenced generations of punks the world over. It's rawness and authenticity are part of what keeps the film so relevant today.

SUBURBIA COLLECTOR'S EDITION SPECIAL FEATURES INCLUDE:
      ·Audio Commentary With Director Penelope Spheeris
      ·Audio Commentary With Director Penelope Spheeris, Producer Bert Dragin, And Actress Jennifer Clay
      ·Still Gallery
      ·Trailers
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I'd love to see the movie again but I'm not paying $28 with that crappy artwork. Has to be one of the worst covers I've seen, so far.

Comment

It'll probably be reversible with the proper one sheet image on the flip side.
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

That art is so bad I wouldn't want it on the inside of the case, either.

Comment

Hahahaha, it looks like a frame grab from GTA IV.

Comment

Ugly cover....but I honestly don't care about covers. Now if we get the other Suburbia film on Blu.

Comment

Working...
                X