Lars Von Trier Loves Hitler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lars Von Trier Loves Hitler

well, not really. But this may kinda beat down that thing about there being no bad publicity....

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...apology_n.html

"because Israel is a pain in the ass".

Reminds me of the Kids in the Hall sketch where the award winning actress thanks God, her parents, her agent, and Adolf Hitler. Ooops.

He doesn't get the job.
    Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

You know, it's not that much of a stretch to see how quotes like this could give people a bad impressions:

"For a long time I thought I was a Jew and I was happy to be a Jew," he told reporters. "But then I found out I was actually a Nazi. My family were German. And that also gave me some pleasure."
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Yeah, that doesn't help....I mean, context is everything. But then again, there are some things that are not that much of a stretch, and those some things shouldn't be mentioned at press conferences. Saying that your proud of your german roots is one thing. Saying that your proud of your nazi german roots is another. And saying that you're proud of your nazi german roots, that they give you pleasure, and Fuck Israel....in front of a room-full of reporters....bad idea.

You'll be happy to know that i also mentioned this on AVM to address it as Danish humour that none of us north americans get.

Comment

On top of that, Charlotte Gainsbourg, who is obviously of Jewish descent, was sitting next time him? What an odd decision on Lars' part.
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Von Trier is simply a pompous jackass prone to hoof-in-mouth disease. I think Lars sees himself as some kind of confrontational "truth-to-power" badass with his rote political opinions but it really is a sham. I mean, Israel bashing? Its so predictable now that all anyone can do is yawn.

Gaspar Noé (a genuinely confrontational genius) eats this idiot for lunch.

Comment

I still thought Antichrist was awesome.
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                I still thought Antichrist was awesome.
                But was it as good as IRREVERSIBLE? Or I STAND ALONE?

Huh?

HUH???????

Comment

I think so, yes. And I don't really care for many of Von Trier's other films.
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

See, I was gonna say that I support free speech, but since this is the guy who made ANTICHRIST, fuck him. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
                      See, I was gonna say that I support free speech, but since this is the guy who made ANTICHRIST, fuck him. :-)
                      You do not like ANTICHRIST?

Rube.

Comment

I wouldn't say that I did not like it. I will say that I agree with the reviewers who described it as a "pretentious fart of an art film"....maybe I'm paraphrasing. It was a piece of shit, although some of the more surreal moments were well-filmed...I thought that it was garbage, and a pretty good waste of a large sum of money.

Comment

I wouldn't say that I did not like it.
                          It was a piece of shit
                          I thought that it was garbage, and a pretty good waste of a large sum of money.
                          Sounds to me like you are saying that you did not like it.
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Oh, that was like saying, "I wouldn't say I don't like him, I would say that I would kill him the second I had the chance with no regrets." that kind of thing.

And I wouldn't say that I'm talking about Horamce.

Also, i watched that piece of shit because you fucking recommended it as being awesome, so I wouldn't say that I'm talking about you, either. :P

Comment

It was awesome. You just don't understand Danish humor.
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                              X