Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Criterion's first UHD is apparently in the works

Comment

• About time. Arrow Video is kinda kicking their ass for product right now (even if I'm still regularly buying Criterion blus)

Comment

• Citizen Kane
        I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

• That is not the alleged title in the Criterion Forum post. That one is a US title released in the past 30 years. So I guess they have two in the works.

Comment

• Haha, maybe their first UHD will be a John Waters movie like PECKER or A DIRTY SHAME -- I'd love to see the whining if that happened.

Comment

• It's a shame that Pink Flamingos is more than 30 years old.

Comment

• The source on Twitter that said it is Kane says that they were asked to remove the tweet by Warners.

Comment

• If it is something they have already released, I would bet on one of these three:
                  Mulholland Drive
                  Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
                  The Silence of the Lambs

If it is something that they haven't released before, it is almost impossible to guess.

Comment

• No UHDs.
                    October 5
                    Onibaba

October 12
                    High Sierra (includes Raoul Walsh's Colorado Territory)

October 19
                    Ratcatcher

The Incredible Shrinking Man

October 26
                    Uncut Gems

Devi

Comment

• The inclusion of the western remake, COLORADO TERRITORY is just as exciting as HIGH SIERRA itself! Awesome news. Going to be tough waiting for that B&N sale in November.
                      I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

• I watched MERRILY WE GO TO HELL last night. Wow! This is now right up there with SAFE IN HELL as my favorite pre-Code films. Sylvia Sidney marries Fredric March knowing he's an alcoholic. He tries to dry out for her but when he bumps into an old flame who he's still carrying a torch for he goes back to old habits. Amazingly frank story - including substance abuse, open marriage and more. Sidney (who never looked more beautiful) and March turn in outstanding performances, Sidney really excelled at playing these heartbroken, damaged roles. The film was directed by Dorothy Arzner, the only woman director in Hollywood in the 1930s. It's a bit on the creaky side at times but the story is so compelling it's easy to overlook. The ending packs one hell of a punch and goes incredibly dark. Perhaps the most emotional film I've seen from this era. I need to seek out more of Arzner's films (she worked with March 4 times).
                        I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

• SAFE IN HELL is one of my faves as well, made me a fan of Dorothy Mackaill. I think i have MERRILY on a pre-code DVD set, need to pull that out.

Comment

• According to StudioCanal's press site, Criterion will be releasing Mr. Klein in December

Comment

• October 2021's UK releases:
                              Love & Basketball
                              The Damned
                              La dolce vita (we'll see if this one actually happens.)

Comment

• CRITERION HAS ANNOUCEND ITS FIRST 6 UHD TITLES:
                                Citizen Kane
                                Menace II Society
                                The Piano
                                Mulholland Dr.,
                                The Red Shoes
                                A Hard Day's Night.

Comment

Working...
                                X