• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Criterion UK news and contest:
    February releases:
    Mildred Pierce
    Cul-de-Sac

And a Twitter contest, FOPP is giving away a bundle of 8 Blu-rays (Here Comes Mr. Jordan, The Samurai Trilogy, Easy Rider, It Happened One Night, The Royal Tenenbaums, Punch-Drunk Love, Gilda, and Dr. Strangelove), a tote bag, t-shirt, and a mug

Comment

• latest newsletter clue

Rumble Fish.

Comment

• Rumble Fish would be a great release for Criterion.
        "His lives inside of his own heart. That's an awful big place to live in."
        -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Sling Blade' (1996)

"Some roads you shouldn't go down."
        -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Fargo' (2014)

Comment

• March 7
          45 Years

March 14
          Canoa: A Shameful Memroy

March 21
          Multiple Maniacs

Being There

March 28
          Blow-Up

Comment

• Hal Ashby on BD is always a good thing. Stoked about Kino's forthcoming 8 Million Ways to Die release. And considering Being There is a Warner Bros. property, maybe we can finally get that BD of The Devils we've all been waiting ages for. One can dream, can't he?

Comment

• Criterion's UK releases for March:
              20th - Multiple Maniacs
              27th - Lone Wolf and Cub

Comment

• hey - Blow Up.

Cool.

Comment

• Yeah, that's the one I'm interested in too. Just so I can do the tripple bill of Blow Out, The Conversation and Blow Up in one evening.

Comment

• Being There is a great surprise. I'm all in for Criterion doing more Hal Ashby.
                    "His lives inside of his own heart. That's an awful big place to live in."
                    -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Sling Blade' (1996)

"Some roads you shouldn't go down."
                    -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Fargo' (2014)

Comment

• Criterion just added Jí»zí´ Itami's A Taxing Woman to FilmStruck, so I think it is safe to conclude that they have most, if not all of his films.

I've also found some confirmation that Criterion/Janus "basically have all of" Wong Kar-wai's films.
                      Derrick King
                      Waterfall Puncher
                      Last edited by Derrick King; 12-22-2016, 05:27 PM.

Comment

• Getting back to the fact that Criterion is licensing a Warner property (Hal Ashby's Being There), how's about they secure Sidney Lumet's Prince of the City? That would be a nice consolation prize if Warner won't budge on The Devils. If they did a crowd funding project to finance The Devils, I'd contribute no less than $3K to their efforts... REAL TALK!

Comment

• So you are hoping for Prince of the City as it seems WB still wont let The Devils be released. There are rumors that Lumet recorded a commentary track for Prince of the City that WB never used, so if that is one of the titles, it would be nice to have that included.

Comment

• Indeed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Derrick King View Post
                              Criterion just added Jí»zí´ Itami's A Taxing Woman to FilmStruck, so I think it is safe to conclude that they most, if not all of his films.

I've also found some confirmation that Criterion/Janus "basically have all of" Wong Kar-wai's films.
                              That's awesome news. Hopefully both director's get the proper treatment now if and when there flicks get released on blu ray.

Comment

• Looks like Janus Films/Criterion have Agnieszka Smoczynska's The Lure

Comment

Working...
                                X