La chienne

Here Comes Mr. Jordan

June 21
    Fantastic Planet

June 28
    Dr. Strangelove, or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

Clouds of Sils Maria

Comment

• Greg Ruth is doing the art for Criterion's A Touch of Zen and Dragon Inn and he posted a work in progress pic on twitter

Comment

• If Criterion utilises the same transfers that Eureka in the uk did for these two, then you are in for a treat. That artwork though, is looking really good.

Comment

• Yeah, they'll be using the same restoration. I hope that these sell well enough that Criterion decides to go after more martial arts films.

Comment

• a CARNIVAL OF SOULS Blu-ray upgrade might be in the works:

Originally posted by Edward Kinsella
            Unused sketch for my current project with Criterion Collection. #illustration #sketch #criterioncollection #carnivalofsouls #horror
            Derrick King
            Waterfall Puncher
            Last edited by Derrick King; 03-25-2016, 06:57 PM.

Comment

• latest newsletter clue, A TOUCH OF ZEN, which we already knew was close as Greg Ruth posted WIP pics of his art for the release

Speaking of Mr. Ruth, he posted attempt 1 and 2 of the art for DRAGON INN

Comment

• I wish Criterion would license some of Todd Solondz's films. The only available DVD of HAPPINESS is non-anamorphic and the transfers for DOLLHOUSE and STORYTELLING are blurry and dated. I wonder why they only released LIFE DURING WARTIME?
                Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

• LIFE DURING WARTIME is an IFC release and they have a relationship with Criterion.

WELCOME TO THE DOLLHOUSE is with Sony, who also have a relationship with Criterion, so the odds of that ending up with Criterion are very good.

STORYTELLING is with New Line/Warner Brothers and while Criterion recently has licensed some titles from WB (Day for Night, My Own Private Idaho, The Emigrants, The New Land, The New World, Akira Kurosawa's Dreams, McCabe and Mrs. Miller,) I doubt that this was one of them.

HAPPINESS is with Lionsgate, so that likely isn't going to happen.

Comment

• Criterion has already confirmed that they are working on it, but on Monday, Rene Auberjonois tweeted that he was getting ready to be interviewed by Criterion for their McCabe & Mrs. Miller release. So that should be announced soon.

And today Criterion posted the following pic on their Intstagram

"I think great comedy is always about something. I think that when you laugh you tend not to think it has importance, because you're having fun. But I think fun has great importance. . . . Watching somebody's tight-ass view of themselves just disintegrate has great significance." We're talking with Alan Arkin about laughs, acting, and one particularly crazy comedy.
                    most likely it is for The In-Laws.

Comment

• I really hope that 'crazy comedy' is Catch-22

Comment

• I've not seen any rumors about Catch-22, but Criterion's CEO mentioned on a podcast last year that they are going to release The In-Laws.

Comment

• Announcements are coming on Monday, but they did tweet out this image, which confirms that the Alan Arkin interview is for The In-Laws

Comment

• ^^ Is that Bone and Silian Rail?

Comment

• Finished version of Janus Films' posters (and most likely Criterion's cover art) for Dragon Inn and A Touch of Zen:

Comment

• Originally posted by Jason C View Post
                                ^^ Is that Bone and Silian Rail?
                                Haha, nice one Bateman!
                                Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Working...
                                X