No announcement yet.

The Criterion Collection Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who knows if they have any NoĆ© on the slate. These closet videos used to be a pretty good sign, as they used to do these with people who were contributing to a release (which is why they were at Criterion's office), but lately it seems they've started doing these with people who have a recently released/soon to be released film or book.

Comment

• Seen this mentioned at the Criterion Forum, according to Fandor's coming soon page, Criterion has the following Kieslowski films: No End, The Scar, Camera Buff and A Short Film About Killing.

Comment

• I'd like to pick up VALERIE AND HER WEEK OF WONDERS during the sale, but I'm hesitant. Has anyone heard about a pending UK release?

Comment

• February titles haven't been announced yet, but it is looking like it'll be the following:
          The Graduate
          I Knew Her Well
          The Emigrants
          The New Land
          The Kid
          Death by Hanging

Originally posted by bgart13 View Post
          I'd like to pick up VALERIE AND HER WEEK OF WONDERS during the sale, but I'm hesitant. Has anyone heard about a pending UK release?
          If I'm not mistaken, it is with a UK label (Second Run?)that doesn't release Blu-rays.

Comment

• Yeah, Second Run hold UK rights. Buy the Criterion! It's a real nice transfer, that blows the UK DVD out of the water.

Comment

• February 9
              The Emigrants/The New Land

February 16
              Death by Hanging

The Kid

February 23
              The Graduate

I Knew Her Well

Comment

• A picture from Criterion's social media

Comment

• Not gonna get my hopes up but a Criterion release of Water's 70's movies with unreleased shorts as extras would be great.

Comment

• That would be awesome, could see it as an Eclipse set.

Comment

• I'm crossing my fingers as a part of the main line though, more extras that way. ;)

This would be the sort of set you would buy on the first day.

Comment

• Paul Morrissey stopped by this morning with some vintage publicity material in tow.

Comment

• Highly doubt it, but it would be gnarly if CC actually released Paul Morrissey's Cocaine Cowboys, and Forty Deuce.

Comment

• Originally posted by King-Wasp View Post
                            Highly doubt it, but it would be gnarly if CC actually released Paul Morrissey's Cocaine Cowboys, and Forty Deuce.
                            *fingers crossed*
                            Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

• Newsletter clue:

Christian Petzold's Phoenix

Comment

• Criterion is back at the Wexner Center in February
                                In this presentation, Lee Kline and Phoebe Harmon provide a behind-the-scenes look at upcoming releases A Brighter Summer Day (Edward Yang, 1991) and The Manchurian Candidate (John Frankenheimer, 1962), which screens on Saturday.
                                The Manchurian Candidate is a new 4K master from the original negative.

Comment

Working...
                                X