No announcement yet.

The Criterion Collection Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I seem to recall that there was some speculation on the Criterion forum that they would release ONE-EYED JACKS, but that obviously hasn't happened. I think PAT GARRETT might end up with Twilight Time.

There is a strong possibility that Criterion will announce I MARRIED A WITCH, THE UNINVITED, and LA NOTTE later today.

Comment

• October 8
      I Married a Witch

October 15
      Eyes Without a Face

October 22
      John Cassavetes: Five Films

The Uninvited

Ocober 29
      La notte

Comment

• Some seriously great titles there. Finally... Eyes Without A Face! And The Uninvited (awesome cover). Woot!
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• What, no westerns?

Derrick was right.

A particularly good batch of titles. I want all of them. Yes, I do.

Now I'm going to have to buy the John Cassavetes box-set all over again. Who wants my DVD set? Anybody? It's like new.
          "I've been to college, but I can still speak English when business demands it."
          - Raymond Chandler, 1939.

Comment

• All credit goes to the Criterionforum for discovering that Criterion had added the casts for those three films earlier today.

I think if THE BROOD and SCANNERS are part of a Cronenberg box set, they'll a November release. If they are going to be released by themselves, they'll be coming in December.

EYES WITHOUT A FACE Blu-ray has a new extra: New interview with actor Edith Scob, but it loses: Stills gallery of rare production photos and promotional material.

Comment

• I Married a Witch and The Uninvited have never been on DVD in the USA. Consumers have been screaming for them for over a decade. I predict both titles will enjoy brisk sales. I'll order them first, come October.
              "I've been to college, but I can still speak English when business demands it."
              - Raymond Chandler, 1939.

Comment

• Man, that is fantastic news about THE UNINVITED! I bought the PAL dvd but I'll happily upgrade. What a great ghost story. I think I'll hang on to the dvd too though, it had some extras that might not be on the Criterion and anyway, it's very handsomely packaged. Love that cover too. Spooky! I'll get I MARRIED A WITCH too, totally charming romantic comedy with a crush-worthy performance from Veronica Lake.
                I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

• Heads up about THE UNINVITED and I MARRIED A WITCH, Criterion lowered the MSRP on both of these from $39.95 to $29.95

Comment

• Hopefully EYES will be uncut. Turns out the French bd is missing some bits.

http://thelatarniaforums.yuku.com/to...and-BluRay-CUT
                    bgart13
                    Last edited by bgart13; 07-16-2013, 06:25 PM.

Comment

• Part of me wants to see the US version transferred to BD

Comment

• Nicolas Winding Refn stopped by Criterion's office.

Comment

• The History of the Criterion Collection with Peter Becker and Jonathan Turrel
                          During the piece, they mention that the Tati films are coming back, and they will be releasing La vérité, Sundays and Cybele, and, the already confirmed, Investigation of a Citizen Above Suspicion

Comment

• Here is the video of Refn in the closet

Comment

• Found two more artists that are drawing Zatoichi. I'm pretty sure neither one has done work for Criterion, and the only connection I can find is that Eric Skillman follows them on twitter. So these may not be for Criterion, but someone is commissioning ZATOICHI art for, it looks like, every film.

Andrew MacLean ‏(@Andrew_MacLean)
                              @Andrew_MacLean
                              Tis is today's "work": Watch Zatoichi #22: Zatoichi Meets The One-Armed Swordsman (1971)... God I love this job.

Ricardo Vení¢ncio (@PressV)
                              @PressV's reply to @Andrew_MacLean
                              @Andrew_MacLean Nice! I have to take care of a storyboard gig today and tomorrow I'll get into my piece for #7. Good luck.
                              ‏
                              @PressV's first tweet
                              Photo: Ambushing the blind masseur… #Zatoichi #ShintaroKatsu #drawing #process http://tmblr.co/Zci4txq20rL5

@PressV's 2nd tweet
                              I think this is the actual first time I'm using real black when coloring a pencilled piece. Let's see how it works out... #Zatoichi

Comment

• Ricardo Vení¢ncio(@PressV) tweeted out the following
                                Take two on Zatoichi. Into a very long night… #Drawing #Pencils #BlindSwordsman #Jidaigeki #ShintaruKatsu

Comment

Working...
                                X