• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest newsletter clue

Comment

• Even I got that one.

Comment

• A poster at the Criterion forum mentioned this, and I'm starting to hope it is true, since Criterion is releasing IT'S A MAD MAD MAD MAD WORLD (which already has a Blu-ray from MGM), maybe those phantom cast and crew pages for THE GOOD, THE BAD, AND THE UGLY, TAKE THE MONEY AND RUN and CARNAL KNOWLEDGE are true.

Comment

• I would shoot loads and loads of geek jizz all over the place if they did TGTBATU up right. Both cuts. Loads of extras. Pristine film like transfer. Big fat booklet of liners. Include the score as a bonus CD.
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
            I would shoot loads and loads of geek jizz all over the place if they did TGTBATU up right. Both cuts. Loads of extras. Pristine film like transfer. Big fat booklet of liners. Include the score as a bonus CD.
            Indeed, I would give to that gorilla girl gobs and gobs of love.

Comment

• Criterion is doing The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly, an unused page for it was found on their website months ago.
              EuroCultAV Reviews

Comment

• If that's true let's hope Criterion includes a hi-def transfer of the superior 161-minute theatrical version. The version to match my memory.

As for It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World ... not interested.

Click image for larger version

Name:	GoodBadUgly-1966-poster.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	343472
                "I've been to college, but I can still speak English when business demands it."
                - Raymond Chandler, 1939.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                  I would shoot loads and loads of geek jizz all over the place if they did TGTBATU up right. Both cuts. Loads of extras. Pristine film like transfer. Big fat booklet of liners. Include the score as a bonus CD.

Righteous! But how likely is it Criterion would release THE GOOD THE BAD AND THE UGLY while the Warner Brothers blu-ray is still being sold for under $10 everywhere you look?
                  Richard--W
                  a straight arrow
                  Last edited by Richard--W; 06-26-2013, 09:13 PM.
                  "I've been to college, but I can still speak English when business demands it."
                  - Raymond Chandler, 1939.

Comment

• MGM, Richard. If you were Criterion and MGM had TGTBATU (or any of Leone's films) on the table would you pass it(them) up?
                    Here are the empty (or phantom) people pages for TGTBATU:
                    Sergio Leone
                    Eli Wallach
                    Clint Eastwood
                    Lee Van Cleef
                    Aldo Giuffrí¨
                    Mario Brega
                    Luigi Pistilli
                    Al Mulock

I thought that these were just somebody at Criterion messing around, but with them working on IT'S A MAD MAD MAD MAD WORLD (even though it has a cheap MGM Blu on the market), I'm starting to reconsider.

Comment

• Very strange that they're doing MAD MAD ...WORLD with an existing BD already out there. I predict this will be one of their least selling titles. I mean, is there much of a market for the film in the first place? It's worth seeing once but mainly for the many stars - who are probably not well known to a vast majority of the under 40 crowd. It's hardly a cult item these days...
                      I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

• To erase any doubt, the following are now available in HD from iTunes. I suspect that Blus will be announced sooner rather than later

Comment

• Anyone else hit up the Criterion sale at BN? Here is what I picked up with some gift cards I've had kicking around.......

Vivre Sa Vie
                          The Killing
                          Up All Night with Robert Downey Sr.
                          The Complete Jean Vigo
                          Dazed and Confused
                          Blow Out
                          Eyes without a Face
                          The Blob
                          Harold and Maude
                          Rules of the Game
                          The Gold Rush
                          EuroCultAV Reviews

Comment

• Originally posted by Derrick King View Post
                            To erase any doubt, the following are now available in HD from iTunes. I suspect that Blus will be announced sooner rather than later
                            Just saw this now. AWESOME news.
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

• Yuko Shimizu, who has done a few criterion covers, posted this drawing of Shintaro Katsu‬ ‪as Zatoichi‬ on her facebook page, so maybe some Zatoichi Blu-rays are happening.

Comment

• Or maybe Hanzo (wishful thinking - his eyes look kinda closed and blind guyish there).
                                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                                X