No announcement yet.

TRUE ROMANCE (Tony Scott, 1993)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine worked out to $55 CAD so that is a good deal for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy G View Post
      Mine worked out to $55 CAD so that is a good deal for sure.
      I don't find 55 bucks to be out of the question, so nice work. It would also be really rad if there was a cost-effective way to buy films up here lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post

I don't find 55 bucks to be out of the question, so nice work. It would also be really rad if there was a cost-effective way to buy films up here lol.
        That could be said of ANYTHING these days. This country's economy is beyond fucked to hell, and the cost of living is obscene.

Comment

Originally posted by Darcy Parker View Post

That could be said of ANYTHING these days. This country's economy is beyond fucked to hell, and the cost of living is obscene.
          Yessir. It's nuts.

Comment

I'm not sure why, but this is playing at my local theater this weekend. I should go, even though I've seen it 500 times (although never on the big screen). I wonder how the scene between Walken and Hopper is going to play with modern audiences? They'll probably have an ambulance on site for potential fainting.
            Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
              I'm not sure why, but this is playing at my local theater this weekend. I should go, even though I've seen it 500 times (although never on the big screen). I wonder how the scene between Walken and Hopper is going to play with modern audiences? They'll probably have an ambulance on site for potential fainting.
              There was an attempted Twitter shitstorm recently over the movie being transphobic, presumably the 'you didn't have a dick' line. Someone claimed they felt worried for their safety because the audience laughed at it. Be offended by all means, but if you seriously think a mob is going to kick the shit out of you because they laughed at a joke is a bit of a stretch.

I saw this twice on its original run at the Warner in Leicester Square, it went down a storm. A good one to see with a packed audience.
              agent999
              Last edited by agent999; 05-26-2023, 03:40 PM.
              I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

We went to see this last night. Since these screenings are being billed as an event, they started the show with a seriously ill-advised program at the beginning. It consisted of a haphazardly-constructed series of Zoom interviews with some of the bit players, hosted by one of the producers I didn't recognize. It lasted for 25 minutes! It was brutal, like the cheapest DVD special feature you can imagine. Worst of all - for people who maybe hadn't seen the film before - the program was filled with major spoilers. I'm not sure what they were thinking, like people were just dying to hear Saul Rubinek tell on-set stories for 5 minutes. So bad.

The film itself holds up well, although I found the second half in L.A. to be a bit tedious. I've probably just seen it too many times. My favourite part is still the Walken/Hopper scene and I absolutely loved Clarence's little pep talks with The King (I thought there should've been at least one more, though - maybe in the middle or something.) Christian Slater is really damn good in it.
                Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Working...
                X