The John P. Ryan Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The John P. Ryan Appreciation Thread

Maybe it's from watching the first two It's Alive films and Death Wish 4 so close together but lately I've been spending a lot of time thinking about how rad John P. Ryan is.

Granted, he's not the greatest thespian to have ever walked the face of the Earth but the guy had great screen presence. The two It's Alive films he starred in would not be the same without him and he's great in DW4 (with a mustache even!).

But there are others, oh yes... quite a few others.

Class of 1999? AWESOME.

Star Time - recently given a second lease on life from Vinegar Syndrome? He steals the show.

Delta Force 2? Not a great film, but a fun one and Ryan's in fine form as the general.

Best Of The Best? FUCK YEAH.

Rent-A-Cop? OK, maybe not Rent-A-Cop. I haven't seen it in a long time but... fuck, who am I kidding, I'd watch this again in a heartbeat.

Three O'Clock High? He's the best part.

Fatal Beauty? Nah, probably not. haha.

Motherfucking Avenging Force? Absolutely. Holding your own against Steve James and The Dude isn't easy but he does it.

Runaway Train? YES, a thousand times YES.

And that's not even getting into his seventies work or his TV work.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Click image for larger version

Name:	MV5BNGQwY2I2NjUtZGFiOC00MjlhLTkxNjgtYmQ1OGU0ZmI0OGM1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDEwMjgxNg@@.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	354520
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I agree. One of my favourite shitty actors! (And a Cannon regular to boot! )
      "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

Comment

Nice tribute, Ian! Definitely an underappreciated actor.
          VHS will never die!

Comment

Working...
          X