No announcement yet.

Where Oh Where is the Uwe Boll thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im still waiting for my pre-ordered Darfur. Rampage was solid. I feel he is on a roll now. I cant wait for this auschwitz themed film.
    "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

Rampage is probably his masterpiece. I'm not saying it is a masterpiece, but it's undoubtedly his best film. Darfur was pretty bad, it felt directionless. Auschwitz was again directionless. The actual Auschwitz footage is well done but he incorporates this documentary footage of German teenagers and what they think of the Holocaust.
      "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex K. View Post
        Rampage is probably his masterpiece.
        Stoic wasn't too bad either.

Comment

Which reminds me (and now that the majority of Boll's films can be had for a song from Amazon UK), how is Postal? The trailer appeals to my warped politics...

...and here's the new one: Blubberella!

Comment

Postal is batshit insane. I laughed so hard I almost wet myself. It isnt a good film, but it has great humour.

Comment

I hated Postal. It tried way too hard to be like a John Waters/Troma picture. I did laugh at the scene where Boll explains how he funds his movies by selling gold teeth of Jews killed in the Holocaust.

Comment

Just a heads up: Avoid Seed if you're an Animal Lover. It opens with PETA-Snuff footage. The rest of the film is your standard serial killer flick and not too memorable a one either.

Comment

Originally posted by The Silly Swede View Post
                  Postal is batshit insane. I laughed so hard I almost wet myself. It isnt a good film, but it has great humour.
                  Well then...on your recommendation I shall purchase it in the near future. Being that you and I have similar senses of humour when it comes to this kind of thing. ;)

Comment

Fox releases In The Name Of The King 2 on DVD/Blu-ray 12/27/2011 - directed by Boll and starring Dolph Lundgren!
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Dolph + Boll = epic.

Comment

And epic it was. Watched it last night. It's.... dumb. Really dumb. Really, really, really dumb. But you know what? I liked it. Dolph sort of seems to sleepwalk through it and he's starting to look old but it somehow manages to add to the charm. And hey, dig that crazy Dragon-o-saurus thing at the end. Not as gory as the R rating would have you believe and pretty tame for the most part, but it's Dolph doing what Dolph does best and Uwe doing what Uwe does best. Awesome, if incredibly stupid, entertainment.
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I went out to rent this just this evening, as I had seen it in the new releases section just the other day. But now I could not find it. Until I checked the top 10 rentals, a section I usually can avoid with my eclectic taste. Dolph + Boll = last weeks number 5 most rented movie at my local videostore. I guess Swedes love their Dolph. I will post my thoughts after I have seen it.

Comment

The film definitely deserved to be in the top 10 rentals. Bad CGI dragon and a styrofoam castle = bossness. Also, Dolph as usual is splendid in his line delivery and display of emotion.

Comment

Haha, he sleepwalks through the whole movie, it's great.
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I haven't bought In the Name of the King 2 yet, but I have ordered Auschwitz and Max Schmeling - Fist of the Reich last week from the UK. I guess they will arrive here somewhere next week.

Comment

Working...
                                X