No announcement yet.

Where Oh Where is the Uwe Boll thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where Oh Where is the Uwe Boll thread?

I thought you bad movie fans would have been up for one? Especially as the good doctor has this coming out this year...

Seriously though, I've never seen one of Dr. Boll's films. I keep looking at the Bloodrayne series, as I figure you can't go too badly wrong with vampire films, but all the persistent negative press over the years has really put me off. Alone in the Dark is the other one that raises some mild interest, if only for the bizarro pairing of Christian Slater and Tara Reid. Plus, I have never seen House of the Dead (though I have the non-Boll sequel on DVD hereabouts)!

So, let's talk Uwe and convince me I have to see some of his films. ;)

Mike, Alone in the Dark is painfully bad. Not fun bad, painfully bad.

Bloodrayne, however, is hilarious.

As is In The Name Of The King where Jason Statham plays a farmer named Farmer and Burt Reynolds calls in the ninjas. Good stuff.

House of the Dead is amazingly dumb but worth watching once just to experience it for yourself.

I can't believe he's making an Auschwitz film. That takes some serioulsy brass balls.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I watched Bloodrayne while drinking 7 vodka tonics - not in succession, mind you: I had 7 of 'em lined up, ready to go. You need this for Boll movies. I think I plowed through an 18-pack of PBR for In the Name of the King, too. Again, necessary to watching (much less enjoying) these films. That said, Bloodrayne does have a deliriously pointless sex scene w/ Krista Lokkinen that's pretty neat and Matt Lillard in ItNotK is actually pretty good. Ray Liotta, on the other hand, looks confused throughout the whole movie...
      It's not going to suck itself...

Comment

Originally posted by Nolando View Post
        Ray Liotta, on the other hand, looks confused throughout the whole movie...
        I have no doubt whatsoever that he was.
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Bloodrayne: Third Reich on DVD & Blu-ray 7/5/11. Details.
          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I took a Holocaust film series of classes and one of the big takeaways from those was that the idea that there can't be any "bad" movies about the Holocaust because they at least keep the topic alive and potentially get people thinking about it. The mantra of "Never forget!" remains intact that way.

However, Herr Boll might be the one to disprove that.

Comment

With that and the Bloodrayne/Hitler movie, he's on a Nazi tear lately.
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Nolando View Post
                I took a Holocaust film series of classes and one of the big takeaways from those was that the idea that there can't be any "bad" movies about the Holocaust because they at least keep the topic alive and potentially get people thinking about it. The mantra of "Never forget!" remains intact that way.
                Does this reasoning apply to movies like "SS Extermination Love Camp"?

Comment

Yes, because the word "love" is featured in the title.

Comment

This news just in: Auschwitz passed in the UK with the equivalent of a US PG-13...

Auschwitz @ the BBFC

...mind you, even at PAL speed 71m is pretty short for a feature film. Hmmm... :think:

Comment

There's a lot of very mixed reviews for Auschwitz on the imdb - which isn't surprising. What is surprising is how many people are saying that Boll's approach to it is actually intelligent and thought provoking.
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I watched Bloodrayne Third Reich last night and it's about what I expected it to be and wanted it to be. Rayne runs around as a nigh-invulnerable killing machine who only takes time out of her plan to eliminate the Nazis to have lesbian sex with a hot blonde chick and have nightmares about Hitler biting her. Lots of bad CGI blood, dumb dialogue, boobs and surprisingly strong production values as far as set design and costumes go.

Boll and his writer have a commentary on the disc but I haven't listened to it yet. I will though, because a lot of times his commentaries are better than his movies.
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Me thinks I am going to have to import the barebones HK DVD of House of the Dead and see where it all began (afterall, it'll set me back all of about $4.00AUD). ;)

Comment

Don't pay much more for it than that. I can have fun with a lot of his movies but House is just sooo bad that it's tough. Not Alone In The Dark tough, but tough.
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

So not only is Uwe Boll making a sequel to his awesome IN THE NAME OF THE KING but he's making the film with Dolph Lundgren. And he's a time traveller.

Twitch has an article here. This can't be anything but awesome, can it?
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                              X