Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solo: A Star Wars Story

First teaser for this has arrived.

I guess it debuted during the Super Bowl yesterday but I didn't watch that so I'm just seeing it now for the first time.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Well, it's only a minute so I'll give it the benefit of the doubt and see what the full trailer's like.
    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Looks like another generic sci fi movie.
      "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

I've seen the full trailer and it doesn't really add much to it. Not exactly whetting my appetite. Its funny but as each subsequent film gets a teaser, I feel less and less excitement about the whle franchise. I remember being much more eager when Force awakens got announced but by the Last Jedi just apathy. Maybe its overkill. One thing I did notice about this new teaser is that considering its supposed to be about a young Hans Solo, then the characters look way too contemporary. Shouldn't they look, well, a bit more 1970s.
        Lalala76
        Last edited by Lalala76; 02-05-2018, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Well, hopefully they can salvage it like Rogue One. I actually enjoy about 50% of Ron Howard's movies, which is more than I can say about the original directors. Those Jump Street films were everything that's wrong with mainstream cinema and that Lego flick went straight over my head. Plus Kasdan seems to get Star Wars, and if it's being realigned with his original script, I'm hopeful.
          agent999
          Last edited by agent999; 02-05-2018, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Super hyped. I'm guessing we're finally going to see how the Millenium Falcon made the Kessel Run in 12 parsecs! With just a bit of luck we'll also get another prequel that shows just how Luke used to bullseye womp rats in his t-16 back home. I mean they're not much bigger than 2 metres...
            "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

I hope we learn how he got his vest.
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

SOLO: ANOTHER STAR WARS FOOTNOTE

See also: http://www.rockshockpop.com/forums/s...l=1#post151853

Comment

Well, that was pretty underwhelming. A grand total of 14 people in the screening that I attended, and barely an audible laugh at any of the 'funny' bits. I didn't hate it, but I can happily live my life without watching it again. At least the relatively 'poor' box office will hopefully stop this offshoot dead in its tracks.

Comment

Originally posted by agent999 View Post
                    Well, that was pretty underwhelming. A grand total of 14 people in the screening that I attended, and barely an audible laugh at any of the 'funny' bits. I didn't hate it, but I can happily live my life without watching it again. At least the relatively 'poor' box office will hopefully stop this offshoot dead in its tracks.
                    Who exactly was demanding a Han Solo prequel? After forty years, four feature films and tons of related media, did anybody have any deep questions about Han's character? If so, then Harrison Ford, Lucas and the various writers and directors hadn't done their job(s).

THEY DID.

Comment

Originally posted by agent999 View Post
                      At least the relatively 'poor' box office will hopefully stop this offshoot dead in its tracks.
                      That's the interesting bit for me. The take so far has been pretty piss poor for a film of this budget. Disney paid a lot for this franchise but you've got to wonder if there's any life in it after the Skywalker story wraps up in the next film. It can't help that the Chinese just aren't interested in Star Wars. Has the next "Spin off" story been announced? I can't imagine they can go to the nostalgia well again but they probably don't want to do a new story until they are planning a whole new triology.
                      "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Originally posted by Dom D View Post
                        That's the interesting bit for me. The take so far has been pretty piss poor for a film of this budget. Disney paid a lot for this franchise but you've got to wonder if there's any life in it after the Skywalker story wraps up in the next film. It can't help that the Chinese just aren't interested in Star Wars. Has the next "Spin off" story been announced? I can't imagine they can go to the nostalgia well again but they probably don't want to do a new story until they are planning a whole new triology.
                        The next "A Star Wars Story" (which I call "A Star Wars Footnote") has been announced as:

BOBA FETT: THE MOVIE.

Sadly, I am not kidding.

Comment

"Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

I didn't mind this. I thought it was fun.

Granted, there's ZERO depth here, it's all superficial nonsense, but we watched it the other night and as far as brainless entertainment goes, I thought it was just fine.

And that's honestly about all I have to say on it, which I guess means it was unremarkable, but whatever, it entertained me for 2 hours.
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I agree with Ian.

Though I have to say that it felt very little like a Star Wars movie. I mean change a couple of names and you have nothing to connect it to Star Wars at all. Perhaps this is why I liked it.
                              "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

Working...
                              X