Fade to Black (1980)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fade to Black (1980)

An interesting meditation on isolation and movie obsession. It has an element of dark comedy reminiscent of Blood for Dracula. It never goes for the gore so those expecting any of that may be turned away. That would explain why this film isn't talked about very much as well.

I recommend it.

"Cinema is truth at 24 frames per second." Jean-Luc Godard.

"Cinema is a lie at 24 frames per second." James Cameron.
    Alex K.
    Last edited by Alex K.; 12-23-2017, 08:28 PM.
    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Yeah, a real b-movie classic this. Arrow or some such ought to do a proper remasering so I can upgrade on my anchor bay DVD. But nice quirky film nevertheless, that I too recommend!
    "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

Yes excellent film which no one mentions. Have often wondered why its not on blu ray.

Also the film which made me want to watch White Heat.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogart View Post
        Yes excellent film which no one mentions. Have often wondered why its not on blu ray.

Also the film which made me want to watch White Heat.
        Last time I checked

no elements

difficult owner, who is a bit out of touch, as he said he only wants three labels to handle it, Anchor Bay (oh well) Subversive (out of business) and Blue Underground (no good element, pass)

not sure if things have changed since or not

Comment

Oh i see, well i hope it happens someday. Seems like Scorpion would be a perfect fit. That or Shout Factory. Anyway, thanks for the info.

Comment

The movie that made me really appreciate Dennis Christopher. I had previously only seen him in the original IT miniseries and subsequently in a small part in NECRONOMICON. FADE is certainly more of a suspense drama than horror, but pretty interesting. And how about that Linda Kerridge??

Comment

Working...
            X