Blind Fury (1989 Rutger Hauer)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blind Fury (1989 Rutger Hauer)

I hate to be that guy who constantly posts Red Letter Media videos but god damnit they have similar taste to our own. I had never heard of this flick before I saw this (spoiler filled) video and I just finished watching it. It's a cult classic. The action is on point. Rutger is amazing as always. And it's a fantastic action/comedy that should be at the top of anyone's watch list who's into this sort of thing.

The video does give away the ending but even after watching the RLM video before seeing the movie I still highly enjoyed the film.
    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Bro, Blind Fury is the shit! I was 8 when it was released and saw it for the first time, so I consider it to be one of staples of my childhood.

Blind Fury sample at :54

And my favorite line in the film...

Comment

This was a favourite of mine in the VHS days, along with the Hauer-starring WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE, WEDLOCK, SALUTE OF THE JUGGER and, later, SPLIT SECOND. Haven't seen it in years though.
      'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
      'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

You should revisit it Paul. It still holds up well as an 80s action adventure without to much brains.
        "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

Originally posted by The Silly Swede View Post
          You should revisit it Paul. It still holds up well as an 80s action adventure without to much brains.
          I will do as soon as I have the time, Chris. I've got the R1 DVD somewhere, which I bought a few years ago for a very reasonable sum.
          'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
          'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

Kino just announced that they are going to release this on October 11th. Here are the specs:

• NEW Audio Commentary by Screenwriter Charles Robert Carner, Moderated by Filmmaker Douglas Hosdale
            • Theatrical Trailer (Newly Remastered in 2K)
            • Limited Edition O-Card Slipcase
            • Dual-Layered BD50 Disc
            • Optional English Subtitles

Comment

Working...
            X