Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tarantino Making A Manson Movie - Once Upon A Time In Hollywood

Yawn.

"Quentin Tarantino is developing a film about the Manson family murders.

According to the Hollywood Reporter, the Pulp Fiction and Hateful Eight director will write and direct the as-yet untitled film, which concerns the notorious killings of five people, including pregnant actor Sharon Tate - wife of director Roman Polanski - carried out by followers of Charles Manson in 1969. Manson and four followers later received life imprisonment - and his group were also responsible for a number of other killings during the 1960s."

More here.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...edium=facebook
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I guess now that he's done his big Western, he's getting lazy.

Comment

Instead of rehashing the Manson case he should do a giallo set in Nazi-occupied Rome, circa 1944.

Comment

Polanski must be thrilled.

I dunno, seems like a horrible subject for QT to bring to the screen.
        Mo mystery, unlikable characters and we already knwo how it ends.
        https://rosalbaneri.blogspot.com/

Comment

What's the point? Jim Van Bebber made pretty much the definitive film on the subject and QT has most likely seen Bebber's movie too.
          "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

I like Manson stuff. You're all grouches! ^_^
            Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

My first reaction to new Tarantino movies is usually pretty excited. This just made me wonder, "Why?"
              "His lives inside of his own heart. That's an awful big place to live in."
              -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Sling Blade' (1996)

"Some roads you shouldn't go down."
              -Billy Bob Thornton, 'Fargo' (2014)

Comment

Isn't he going to quit after 10 films? If so, then I welcome this as one closer. Adored his first three films, but Kill Bill was childish crap for people who haven't seen the far superior movies he ripped off. Kind of liked Inglorious Basterds but the last two dragged on far longer than they should have. He's not quite reached Argento levels of tepid self recycling, but he's not far off. Still, after all the negative shit I've just spouted, I'd really like to see one more classic from him, but this material is to familiar unless he does something radical. Van Bebber gave it a good shot with his modern scenes.
                I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Maybe he'll include Godzilla as a member of the Family? That would be different.

Comment

I was kinda hoping he'd just keep making westerns.

There was a point when I thought the idea of him making a proper sci-fi or horror (giallo or gothic) movie would be neat, but I'm not sure the ol' boy has it in him. I'm not at all interested in a Manson movie.
                    "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Comment

Originally posted by paul h. View Post
                      Maybe he'll include Godzilla as a member of the Family? That would be different.
                      See! That's thinking positively!
                      Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

He could play Manson himself, that would be, err, unique? They both think they have dialogue worth listening to for hours on end but are in fact just boring.
                        I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

He should get a non-white actor to play Manson. Maybe Samuel L. Jackson?
                          Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

If Tarantino played Manson, he'd have a bad accent and would say the n-word a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
                              If Tarantino played Manson, he'd have a bad accent and would say the n-word a lot.
                              So would SLJ.
                              Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Working...
                              X