Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sony Giving Fifth Element & Leon: The Professional 4k Blu-ray Releases

Press release!

Click image for larger version  Name:	0918b4f8-62d7-45b9-aab4-7e4e995a0772.jpg Views:	1 Size:	38.5 KB ID:	367803 Click image for larger version  Name:	5622c9c7-cd45-4dc6-9bd5-f2686b95dada.jpg Views:	1 Size:	39.1 KB ID:	367804

A Sci-Fi Classic Celebrates Its 20th Anniversary

THE FIFTH ELEMENT
    Debuts on 4K Ultra HD July 11

Includes the All-New 4K Featurette: The Director's Notes: Luc Besson Looks Back

CULVER CITY, Calif. (May 18, 2016) - Sony Pictures Home Entertainment celebrates the 20th Anniversary of Luc Besson's outrageous sci-fi epic, THE FIFTH ELEMENT, with a 4K Ultra HD release on July 11. The influential classic, starring Bruce Willis, Milla Jovovich and Gary Oldman, follows a cab driver who unwittingly becomes the central figure in the search for a legendary cosmic weapon. Also included, in addition to hours of archival special features, is the all-new bonus featurette, presented in 4K, The Director's Notes: Luc Besson Looks Back, where the acclaimed director discusses the origins and impact of the celebrated film.

Also debuting on July 11 is the beloved action classic from director Luc Besson, LEON: THE PROFESSIONAL, debuting exclusively on 4K Ultra HD at Best Buy. This release includes both the theatrical and extended versions of the movie in full 4K resolution with Dolby Atmos audio.

4K Ultra HD is the perfect way to experience both films at 4K resolution in the home - both featuring four times the resolution of high definition audio, delivering captivating sound that places and moves audio anywhere in the room, including overhead, along with High Dynamic Range (HDR), which produces brilliant highlights, vibrant colors and greater contrast on compatible displays. Additionally, the films are remixed specifically for the home theater environment with Dolby Atmos

THE FIFTH ELEMENT 4K Ultra HD Release Includes:
    Feature films in 4K resolution with High Dynamic Range (HDR)
    Dolby Atmos soundtracks (Dolby TrueHD 7.1 compatible) *
    ALL-NEW FEATURETTE: The Director's Notes: Luc Besson Looks Back
    Includes high-def Blu-rays featuring the films and hours of archival special features

* To experience Dolby Atmos at home, a Dolby Atmos enabled AV receiver and additional speakers are required, or a Dolby Atmos enabled sound bar; however, Dolby Atmos soundtracks are also fully backward compatible with traditional audio configurations and legacy home entertainment equipment.

Synopsis:
    New York cab driver Korben Dallas didn't mean to be a hero, but he just picked up the kind of fare that only comes along every five thousand years: A perfect beauty, a perfect being, a perfect weapon. Together, they must save the world. Bruce Willis, Milla Jovovich, and Gary Oldman star in acclaimed director Luc Besson's outrageous sci-fi adventure, an extravagantly styled tale of good against evil set in an unbelievable twenty-third century world. Now presented in full 4K resolution, experience this dynamic action favorite like never before.

Directed by Luc Besson from a screenplay by Luc Besson and Robert Mark Kamen, based on a story by Luc Besson, THE FIFTH ELEMENT was produced by Patrice Ledoux.

THE FIFTH ELEMENT has a run time of approximately 126 minutes and is rated PG-13 for intense sci-fi violence, some sexuality and brief nudity.

ABOUT SONY PICTURES HOME ENTERTAINMENT
    Sony Pictures Home Entertainment (SPHE) is a Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) company. Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Sony Entertainment Inc., a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies. For additional information, go to http://www.sonypictures.com.
    Ian Jane
    Administrator
    Last edited by Ian Jane; 03-17-2023, 08:49 AM.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Studio Canal gave Leon a 4k release in Europe.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...F1DRG77J0XX6KP

Click image for larger version

Name:	81zhItpIB4L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	357023
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I watched Leon in a movie theatre last weekend. I tried already 1½ weeks ago but the tickets were sold out. It's an insanely popular film in Japan, especially among girls.

Comment

Special edition UHD steelbook coming soon from Zavvi.

Click image for larger version

Name:	335605351_733018561783172_6430238726778757192_n.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	218.0 KB
ID:	411294
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Who needs that much crap?
          I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Who doesn't need a fake milk carton!

I'm sure the blu-ray forum members a nutting themselves over this.

Comment

Originally posted by Derrick King View Post

I'm sure the blu-ray forum members a nutting themselves over this.
              Half of them.

The other half are screaming because it isn't titled TheProfessional on the steenbok and doesn't include the butchered US cut, because "That's the version I saw in the theatre, so that's more authentic!" or some such autistic bullshit.
              Darcy Parker
              Last edited by Darcy Parker; 03-24-2023, 12:55 PM.

Comment

I've seen Leon two dozens times and if I was to walk into a geeks house and see that milk bottle proudly displayed on his shelves I'd have no idea it was displaying his allegiance to the movie.

"Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Originally posted by Dom D View Post

I've seen Leon two dozens times and if I was to walk into a geeks house and see that milk bottle proudly displayed on his shelves I'd have no idea it was displaying his allegiance to the movie.
                  It is utterly bizarre. I really don't understand the UK's fascination with boxes full of useless crap.

Comment

It is utterly bizarre. I really don't understand the UK's fascination with boxes full of useless crap.
                    Generally we only have useless boxes of crap as prime ministers.
                    I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

It is utterly bizarre..
                      Actually, maybe the more worrying extra is the choker with the pendant attached. Whats that for? Put it on the wife and live out your pedophile fantasies?

"Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Originally posted by Dom D View Post

Actually, maybe the more worrying extra is the choker with the pendant attached. Whats that for? Put it on the wife and live out your pedophile fantasies?
                        YIKES!

Comment

Working...
                        X