R.I.P. Don Rickles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R.I.P. Don Rickles

He made it to 90, a pretty good run by anyone's measure.

"Don Rickles, the aggressively caustic comedian who became known as “The Merchant of Venom” and “The King of Zing” as he took insult comedy to a new level, has died.

Rickles died as a result of kidney failure at his Los Angeles home on Thursday, said his publicist Paul Shefrin. He was 90."

http://www.latimes.com/la-me-don-ric...406-story.html
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

He was funny as hell and awesome in everything I saw him in. RIP, Mr. Rickles.

Comment

Born in Queens!

Comment

RIP to Mr. Rickles. Hespect! One of the last of the old school didn't give a fuck comedians. I still remember how all the SJWs were crying salty tears when Rickles cracked on Obama about the broken mop. All his racist jabs at Sammy, Nipsy Russell, Lawanda Page, etc -- no mainstream white comedian can get away with that shit today that's for sure.

Comment

RIP to the best insult comedian.
          "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Gone to that big hockey puck in the sky.

RIP.

Comment

What a shame. I just watched DIRTY WORK on Saturday.
              Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

Been watching the old Dean Martin roasts in honor of Mr Rickles...Crying at some of his put downs...didn't realise Reagan was in there a lot of the time either...

He was definitely an equal-opportunities performer....no race or person escaped his tongue...and no, you couldn't get away with most of his stuff today...Shame, as he said they are only jokes (compare the laugh quotient with some of todays "roasts"...funny, but not as edgy...unless you saw the Chevy Chase one LOL!!!) ...and the end of his "roasts" he always gave a heartfelt message to whoever was there....

MR Potato Head was inspired casting.....shame he didnt record his voice for TOY STORY 4 before he died....he had been looking a bit frail for a while....

Comment

Originally posted by sukebanboy View Post
                  ...Shame, as he said they are only jokes (compare the laugh quotient with some of todays "roasts"...funny, but not as edgy...unless you saw the Chevy Chase one LOL!!!) ...and the end of his "roasts" he always gave a heartfelt message to whoever was there....
                  Are you kidding? The Comedy Central roasts are vicious.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
                    They definitely are!

Comment

Just watched the season finale of CRASHING (which aired last night) and Artie Lange made a reference to Rickles. It's so eerie when that happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt H. View Post
                        The roasts that were hosted by that one comedian who passed away, Greg something?, were great but since his passing, the roasts have gotten pretty weak.

Comment

Not my humor then....I will say Gilbert Gottfried is legendary when he appears...

Comment

Originally posted by sukebanboy View Post
                            Not my humor then....I will say Gilbert Gottfried is legendary when he appears...
                            He's great. There is one roast appearance that I remember in which he was way over the top. Seemed like people weren't sure whether to laugh or not. I do believe it was one hosted by Greg Gilrado.

Comment

Working...
                            X