Clear All

• Green Lantern

Ug. This doesn't look very good.

http://youtu.be/8NWGl_A3b60?hd=1
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Yuck.

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Yeah, even the new trailer doesn't help.

'Course, he's one of the most pointless super-heroes ever given its own storyline. I liked the cross-over w/ Green Arrow when I was a kid but still dug Arrow more...
      It's not going to suck itself...

Comment

A lame super hero portrayed by an annoying and lame comedic actor...throw in cartoon cgi...how can this be anything other than wonderful? If they made him gay maybe that would help.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
          Yuck.

That's not the actual costume, but yeah...I don't have high hopes for this one. It's mainly the completely CGI environment of Oa that troubles me. Just like with STAR WARS I-III it seems as though the creators feel that because they can cram loads of stuff into the frame that they should. It's too much. I feel like CGI almost always works best when blended with real world environments - build some sets and the put in some particulars with the computer instead of creating practically everything CG.

With that said, I'm not too bothered by Reynolds being cast, except for the fact that he has beady eyes that are too close together, and they appear even beadier and closer in the mask. I think Mark Strong makes a great Sinestro though.

I also have to say that I'm happy they're sticking pretty close to the comics in character design as well.
          Toyboy
          like a hole in the head
          Last edited by Toyboy; 04-07-2011, 05:37 PM.
          Now everyone can have a complete KRULL lifestyle.

Comment

Mark Strong is a good choice and I don't know that I have an issue with Reynolds, per se (he doesn't really bother me). The character design looks close to the Hal Jordan style stuff, so I guess that's a plus, but yeah, soooooooooooooooo much CGI in that trailer, and not the good kind.

This is going to look like a cartoon.
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

You only stick up for him 'cuz he's a Canuck.
              It's not going to suck itself...

Comment

I actually didn't realize he was Canadian. That's as good an excuse as any though.
                Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

One other thing about the 4 minute promo clip, and presumably about the movie itself - the rolling staccato strings on the soundtrack. Since SPIDER-MAN it seems like that has become the unofficial music for most superhero movies. I understand that it helps build tension and excitement, but it feels like studios and producers are telling their soundtrack composers that they need to use it in order for people to know they're watching a superhero flick. Personally I'm sick of it.
                  Now everyone can have a complete KRULL lifestyle.

Comment

I'd have rather seen them go Golden Age Green Lantern.

I understand and realize that it's not as marketable and that they want a big expensive sci fi blockbuster type movie here, but how cool would it have been?

It'd also be neat if like Noland said they worked some of the Green Arrow stuff into the storyline. I don't think that's gonna happen though.
                    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

So did anyone see it?

Hits BD/DVD in October. Specs and cover art here:

http://homecinema.thedigitalfix.com/...ontentid=74261
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I refused to see it for several reasons. Among those reasons were: It stars a canadian non-actor. It is a superhero movie. I want comic-book based movies to end right fucking now.
                        "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

I want bad ones to end, and good ones to be made.
                          Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

And by good ones you mean Flash Gordon (1980). HES A MIRACLE!
                            "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

Among others, yes. It's true that most of them kinda stink but we get decent ones every once in a while.
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                              X