Amazon saves us from a nightmare of owning crap Kubrick films

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazon saves us from a nightmare of owning crap Kubrick films

Those of you, like me, who REFUSE to let that piece of cinematic crud that is EYES WIDE TOM CRUISE SUCKS SHUT reside in their Blu-ray collection but would like to welcome either/or LOLITA and BARRY LYNDON into the collection without owning the forthcoming Kubrick box you have been saved!

Amazon exclusives for both have been listed as stand-alones:

http://www.amazon.com/Barry-Lyndon-A...1958258&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.com/Lolita-Amazon-..._bxgy_d_text_b

Thank God.

I'm still probably gonna spring for the boxed set.

I like boxed sets.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

EYES WIDE SHUT will look great alphabetically next to DOLAN'S CADILLAC, Horamce.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
        I'm still probably gonna spring for the boxed set.

I like boxed sets.
        I like 'em too - except when they have garbage like EYES WIDE STUNK in them.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
          EYES WIDE SHUT will look great alphabetically next to DOLAN'S CADILLAC, Horamce.
          DOLAN'S CADILLAC is a better film than EYES. Substantially I might add.

Comment

Fuck Warner and their repackaging of blu-rays (the new Anchor Bay)... I shall be getting these instead of rebuying all of my titles again.

Comment

I got EYES WIDE SHIT on BluRay el-cheapo and I quite like the movie, and don't have issues with Tom Crusing in it. What you gonna do about it?

Comment

Originally posted by Goldberg View Post
                I got EYES WIDE SHIT on BluRay el-cheapo and I quite like the movie, and don't have issues with Tom Crusing in it. What you gonna do about it?
                Send you a SAW Blu-ray?

Comment

Wait, how are these going to be packaged... it looks from this picture that they are going to be on hubs or, even worse, in sliding folders. Is the Spartacus the same supposedly over-DNR-ed transfer that was already released?

More reasons not to get this piece of shit rip-off deal?

Comment

I like Eyes Wide Shut. It's an interesting end to his career. Nicole Kidman's performance is questionable but works to the films' strength I think. Couldn't tell you why exactly I like the film but it has an odd quality that sucks me in, almost Lynchian.
                    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

I kinda dig it too. It's not his best movie and it's got some very obvious flaws but I don't see it as the disaster so many others do. I think it has a lot of interesting atmosphere and weird sexual tension in it.
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Eyes Wide Shut is one of those movies that I hated the first time I watched it (too weird, too emotionally distant, and some of the most unerotic scenes I had ever seen) but I've come to really enjoy it.

Reportedly Kubrick was not too happy with it, though...

Comment

Working...
                        X