X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    null

• null
    replied
    So, what the hell -- is this thing day/date on HBO Max again? It's listed as being available on HBO Max in the trailer.

What a marketing clusterfuck. Can't imagine Villeneuve is happy.

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    HBO Max deal reversed, Dune to hit theaters exclusively first.

https://www.dreadcentral.com/news/39...deal-reversed/

Leave a comment:

• Newt Cox

• Newt Cox
    replied
    Love Lynch but can't stand Dune. Seen 2 cuts of it and neither is worth seeing to me.

All his other films have something about them I enjoy. But Dune....

Leave a comment:

• Mark Tolch

• Mark Tolch
    replied
    Originally posted by Alex K. View Post
    Came across some choice comments from idiots acting offended that they're remaking Lynch's """"""""""""""masterpiece"""""""""""" and seem to be completely unaware it's another adaptation.

I'm not a fan of the Lynch original and I saw 2-3 different cuts. Dune and Inland Empire are the only Lynch films I cannot get into.
    I'll add WILD AT HEART to that as well, even though I used to like it quite a bit. DUNE I've only seen twice; INLAND, I've seen fully one time, and attempted to watch it again 5-6 times. The fact that it looks like shit because of his decision to shoot 480p DV doesn't help, no matter what he says about the shitty image quality adding to the illusion.

Leave a comment:

• JLG

• JLG
    replied
    Black Lagoon

from NUDE / DUNE

music inspired by Dune so...

Leave a comment:

• Darcy Parker

• Darcy Parker
    replied
    Originally posted by ShawnP5 View Post
    The most common complaint I've seen is that it doesn't look like other versions of Dune (including the one Jodo didn't make) and it's like... well yeah. If you're just going to make it look like other versions, why make it?

I have a fondness for Lynch's Dune, but yeah- it's not objectively good.
    Lynch's movie had a great look, but a lot of things described in great detail in the book didn't look at all the way they were described while others were incredibly accurate, which made things a bit jarring.
    Darcy Parker
    Last edited by Darcy Parker; 05-04-2023, 10:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ShawnP5

• ShawnP5
    replied
    Originally posted by Darcy Parker View Post
    Lynch's Dune has a feel to it like Lynch's contempt for science fiction and a feeling of being above the material made it to the screen, no matter which edit you watch.
    The most common complaint I've seen is that it doesn't look like other versions of Dune (including the one Jodo didn't make) and it's like... well yeah. If you're just going to make it look like other versions, why make it?

I have a fondness for Lynch's Dune, but yeah- it's not objectively good.

Leave a comment:

• Darcy Parker

• Darcy Parker
    replied
    Originally posted by Alex K. View Post
    Came across some choice comments from idiots acting offended that they're remaking Lynch's """"""""""""""masterpiece"""""""""""" and seem to be completely unaware it's another adaptation. l

I'm not a fan of the Lynch original and I saw 2-3 different cuts. Dune and Inland Empire are the only Lynch films I cannot get into.
    Lynch's Dune has a feel to it like Lynch's contempt for science fiction and a feeling of being above the material made it to the screen, no matter which edit you watch.

Leave a comment:

• Rakesh R.

• Rakesh R.
    replied
    I'll see it, but I have to admit, based on the trailer, the visuals/colors look surprisingly flat compared to the 1984 film version and 2000 tv mini series.

Leave a comment:

• Alex K.

• Alex K.
    replied
    Came across some choice comments from idiots acting offended that they're remaking Lynch's """"""""""""""masterpiece"""""""""""" and seem to be completely unaware it's another adaptation.

Leave a comment:

• Toyboy
    like a hole in the head

• Toyboy
    replied
    Looks pretty good. I dig what we're getting here (minus Momoa. Really wish he wasn't in this.)

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied

Leave a comment:

• agent999

• agent999
    replied
    Not much there other than stillsuit pictures. The Harkonnen designs are what I'd love to see.

Leave a comment:

• Ian Jane
    Administrator

• Ian Jane
    replied
    A bunch more pictures here:

https://www.dreadcentral.com/news/32...leneuves-dune/

Leave a comment:

Working...
X