X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally watched Avatar...

here's my review:

Meh...pretty movie...just didn't care much for it. Love, Todd

I more or less agree. I wanted to at least appreciate the spectacle of it but even that kind of passed me. I felt the story was predictable and heavy handed and while the acting was fine and the effects were admittedly pretty damn amazing, it didn't pull me in the way it seemed to with so many other people.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

that's because we are not lemmings. We like things because they appeal to us, not because we're meant to feel like we're supposed to like something. 100 bucks says that I can ask anyone on my floor if they saw Avatar and they'll tell me how great it was. I would then tell them I didn't really care much for it and they tell me I'm crazy. I hate people.

Comment

Many people do suck. A lot of people who have pretty similar tastes and interests to my own were pretty wowed by Avatar though. I dunno. Some people are easy to please in different ways and of course it's all subjective but I really didn't get the hype around this one.
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Nope, me neither. Yeah it was a visual spectacle to behold, etc etc...but was nothing more to me than a "look what we can do" movie. It wasn't a bore, just was one of those going through the motions kind of activities for me.

Let me re-phrase my hateful statement. I like persons, but I hate people.

Comment

Yeah, this movie was pretty lame.

Comment

The 3D made it for me. In fact no 3D movie since has made it for me.

Comment

Y'know, if people consider time a dimension, every movie is in 3-D (at least).

Comment

I have the Avatar XXX parody on Blu-ray. I haven't watched it yet. I'm kind of scared of it but Axel Braun's stuff is usually interesting enough that I'll get around to it eventually.
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

It's not going to suck itself...

Comment

Y'know...even the R!S!P! crew dissing the film doesn't make me want to see it. Wasn't it 'scope in the cinemas? And it's 16:9 on DVD & BD. Damn that Super 35 crap allowing for open-matte presentations from a 2.35 image! I still feel that seeing Once Upon a Time in Mexico in its original cinema ratio might have at least made it tolerable... :p

Comment

Scope or not, it's still predictable by the numbers tripe dressed up in fancy computer graphics and passed off as an important work of cinema.
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Jane View Post
                          Scope or not...
                          But I like Scope -- it makes a movie feel like a real movie (ever since TVs adopted the middle ratio, well...approximately anyway, as the difference between 1.85 and 1.78 is a virtual whisker top and bottom. Mind you, that doesn't stop some dills from trying to tell you reformatting from 1.85 to 1.78 is as criminal a blunder as 2.35 to 1.78). Scope is my friend...

Comment

Don't get me wrong, scope is great, but my point was that I don't think seeing it 2.35.1 or wider would overshadow the fact that the story is predictable and goofy.
                            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Michelle Yeoh has been cast in the sequel.

https://www.denofgeek.com/uk/movies/...r-sequels-news
                              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                              X