Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paramont Bringing Once Upon A Time In The West and other Westerns to Blu-ray 5/31

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paramont Bringing Once Upon A Time In The West and other Westerns to Blu-ray 5/31

From Blu-ray.com:

Paramount Home Entertainment has announced no fewer than four western movies from its late-60s and early-70s catalog for Blu-ray release on May 31, in time for Father's Day: Big Jake (George Sherman, 1971), A Man Called Horse (Elliot Silverstein, 1970), Once Upon a Time in the West (Sergio Leone, 1968) and Rio Lobo (Howard Hawks, 1970).

Special features have been listed only for Once Upon a Time in the West and they include:
    • Commentary featuring directors John Carpenter, John Milius and Alex Cox, film historians Sir Christopher Frayling and Dr. Sheldon Hall plus cast and crew
    • An Opera of Violence
    • The Wages of Sin
    • Something to Do with Death
    • Railroad: Revolutionising the West
    • Locations Then & Now
    • Production Gallery
    • Theatrical Trailer (in HD)
    • Easter Egg - New Trailer
    OUAITW should, by all rights, look stunning in HD.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

Wow - nice! I've got the 2-disc DVD release of it but this will also be necessary.
    It's not going to suck itself...

Comment

Agreed. I'm glad that they confirmed this for Region 1 as well. Great news, a favourite of mine.

Comment

Anyone else pick this up yet? It's a pretty substantial upgrade in the A/V dept. and can be had pretty cheap ($15.99 on Amazon). I watched the first hour last night and was geeking out over the detail in the picture. It looks really, really good.
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I've got this on order, but i'm waiting til it's closer to Nadene's birthday, cause there's some stuff in there for her as well.....

Comment

I picked this up, one of Fav Sergio films! Great A/V and at least I think a substantial upgrade from the old Paramount dvd. Also checked out the commentaries a bit and they are pretty rad.

edit: also I might add it includes the Restored and theatrical versions on the disc.

Comment

Mark, cool to see you here. Have you figured out what the differences are? I haven't had time to look yet.
              Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I believe its only 1 min extra, lol!

Comment

That's one minute that people would be bitching about if it wasn't included! :-)

Comment

The extras sound like the same ones from the 2 disc DVD. Does anyone know if they are?

Comment

They're the same, yep. The BD the cast bios that were on the DVD but other than that I think everything else was ported over.
                      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Coming to UHD 5/14/24.

"One of the most iconic, and influential, movies ever made, Sergio Leone's monumental epic comes to 4K Ultra HD. Set in the dying days of the Old West, a struggle to control water in a dusty desert town embroils three hard-bitten gunmen in an epic clash of greed, honor, and revenge. This definitive Paramount Presents limited edition includes both HDR-10 and Dolby Vision, restored from the original camera negative by Paramount’s archive team, L'immagine Ritrovata and The Film Foundation. Special thanks to Martin Scorsese for his consultation on this restoration."

https://amzn.to/42LZgU6

Click image for larger version

Name:	428601196_897244459030133_1385675131613240985_n.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	428252
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Working...
                        X