Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Troopers 2

From Collider:

"Jay Chandrasekhar's sequel to Super Troopers has officially begun production. The crowd-funded sequel follows up the widely adored cult comedy film. The director is co-starring and co-wrote the sequel, and revealed via Twitter that filming had begun today.

This is a little off what he announced earlier in the year, when he proclaimed production would start in August. Still, fans should be very excited to know this thing is off and running.

The film has no release date yet, but it's likely to arrive in 2017 at some point."

As an unapologetic fan of the first movie, this news makes me happy.
    Rock! Shock! Pop!

I kind of liked the first film. The first half is great (Meow) but the second half drags. I am open for the sequel but I'm not a fan of the other Broken Lizard films.
    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Club Dread was largely crap, but I enjoyed that beer one immensely. Not holding out for greatness here, but I guess we'll see what we see.

Comment

I can't remember if I watched Beer Fest. I think I saw a clip online. Club Dread was shit. I don't want to shit on them, they seem like nice guys, they're funny, and they appear to be genuine fans of horror. But I'm just not a big fan of their flicks.

Comment

About fucking time! First one is a quotable classic amongst my friends, and I did love Beer Fest. Hated the rest of it, though.

Comment

Rob Lowe has been added to the cast.

http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/movies/s...-added-to-cast
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Well, shit, now I'm sold.

Comment

A question for those of you saying you hated Club Dread, which cut did you see? I have only seen the director's cut and I really enjoyed it, but I know Fox pretty much buried that version, as the DVD was not that easy to find and the Blu is only the studio cut. From what I hear from people who saw both, the studio cut is really awful, but the director's was a lot of fun.

Comment

I saw the dvd, but don't know which version it was.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Tolch View Post
                    I saw the dvd, but don't know which version it was.
                    The Director's Cut DVD cover made it really clear, so I would guess you saw the theatrical.

I recall an interview with a couple of the guys from the production of Beerfest where they talked a bit about how Fox fucked them over with Club Dread. It almost seems like all parties would have been better served if it had been sold to another distributor. One of the things mentioned was that decision makers at the studio weren't familiar with slasher films and didn't understand what the movie was going for, and basically wanted it recut into Super Troopers in the Caribbean.

I will check it out again and see if the commentary mentioned anything that might be a good question to determine which cut you saw, but I seem to recall that the director's cut opens with a murder scene and the theatrical started with the arrival on the island.

Comment

Just read up on this...I saw the extended unrated cut. JC has apparently said in a commentary that the R-rated version is the Directors cut.

Comment

Release date set for 4/20/18.

http://www.indiewire.com/2017/08/sup...on-1201867390/
                        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Har Har.

Comment

Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Rock! Shock! Pop!