Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kong: Skull Island (2017)

So....the first teaser is out....

Bit APOCALYPSE NOW style...and looks like they are leaving off the 'why' part of the story and just dropping them into the action.....riding a dinosaur and shooting machine gun thru the horns of a triceratops???...mad..1

Cast is ok.....but who let the director be in charge of such a big movie??..Almost no directing CV history to see...some indie rom- com is only thing of note...
    sukebanboy
    Last edited by sukebanboy; 07-24-2016, 02:24 AM.

Comment

Yeah.... noooo. No fuggen CGI monkey for me. Or maybe. But not in theatres. This will be on Disc or VOD so I can skip forward.

So much CGI in every shot.... sigh.

But the whole setup seems really strange, as sukebanboy said.

But a bunch of fine actors.

So, I wont write this off completely. But as I said..... no chance Im seeing this in the Cinema.
      "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

The one thing u can maybe take solace in is that this will not be ready til March 2017...plenty of time to fine tune stuff (like the CGI)

Compared to the 'man in suit mixed with cgi' of the new Japanese Godzilla movie this doesnt look as good.....

I am hoping thia might be like the original PREDATOR where things build up slowly... but I am not sure KONG can hide in the jungle and be subtle as he is too big!!!

I must also point out that I am NOT a fan of Jacksons King Kong either...

Comment

Originally posted by sukebanboy View Post

I must also point out that I am NOT a fan of Jacksons King Kong either...
          Agreed. I loathe that film. One of the worst blockbusters ever made, and that in a "genre" that is filled with unwatchable shit.

Comment

I'm excited. I like all things Kong. He was my biggest childhood fear. I still get a bit edgy seeing gigantic monsters in the movies, but nothing to me was scarier than Kong. I went to Universal Studios in '94 and when we were lined up for the Kongfrontation ride, I was shitting my pants! Once he appeared the second time (when he comes up beside the cable car) I thought I was going to faint. It's funny to me now that I was so scared of him, because he's generally a pretty friendly monster who only gets pissed when you fuck with him. The Kong in that teaser does look pretty menacing, though.
            Why would anybody watch a scum show like Videodrome? Why did you watch it, Max?

Comment

I love classic Kong.

But the last peter Jackson one sort of makes me fear for this. CGI Kong is just not on par with animatronic Kong, you know.

Comment

I'm fascinated by that animatronic abomination created by Carlo Rambaldi for the '76 film. It's creepy to me because it's very big and physically there on set.

Comment

For the record, I love Jackson's KONG and think it's one of his best. The only issue I have with it is that Kong seemed too small and, of course, the CGI has dated a bit.
                  Matt H.
                  Last edited by Matt H.; 07-24-2016, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Hated Jackson's Kong, tremendous waste of time. This looks at least like it is trying to take a different approach but I suspect it will be terrible despite the promising cast.

Comment

The focus on military and big weapons in the trailer suggests a tiresome emphasis. It feels more like Transformers with an ape than an adventure film. Still, it's an early trailer, and they're hiding the chimp.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelGuts View Post
                        The focus on military and big weapons in the trailer suggests a tiresome emphasis.
                        That's an interesting point. It's definitely become a cliche. I realized this when I watched the latest US GODZILLA. Soldiers discussing co-ordinates and barking commands at eachother.... yawn!

Comment

Final Trailer is here....

Not sure what to think now...bit jokey???..cliche song???
                          sukebanboy
                          Last edited by sukebanboy; 11-17-2016, 09:41 AM.

Comment

First trailer piqued my interest; the second trailer dampened it.

Humph.
                            'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
                            'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

Yup, that trailer is a giant turn off for me.
                              https://rosalbaneri.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X