This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Richard--W View Post
    I ordered Gordon's THE PIT AND THE PENDULUM (1991) and they sent me HOUSE ON STRAW HILL by mistake. I emailed them and they said "sorry. our mistake, keep it and we're sending you PIT." So I receive PIT and watch it. What a difference the hi-def scan makes from the old DVD. Wow! I maintain this is Gordon's best film by a long shot. Getting back to HOUSE ON STRAW HILL -- never seen the film. should I keep it? is it worth owning? anybody want it? It's still sealed.
    I really like HOUSE ON STRAW HILL, Richard. I'm still waiting for the Severin disc, but I reckon it's a film you'd enjoy.

The PIT Blu is a revelation, I agree. I thought the same about the CASTLE FREAK Blu too.
    'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
    'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

• I'm not an ebay seller and I can't seem to give it away, so I suppose I'll keep it. I've been slow to watch the blu of CASTLE FREAK because it gets a little too icky for my tastes. I'll take a look soon.
      "I've been to college, but I can still speak English when business demands it."
      - Raymond Chandler, 1939.

Comment

• 'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

Comment

• ^ where the hell's a restored DETOUR?

THE HOUSE ON STRAW HILL bd
          DR WHO: THE TENTH PLANET
          CORRUPTION bd
          NIGHT TRAIN TO TERROR bd

Comment

• Hitchcock is reprehensible and I think of poorly of Hopkins and Mirren for lending themselves to it.

Comment

Hitchcock is reprehensible and I think of poorly of Hopkins and Mirren for lending themselves to it.
              I still haven't seen it, Richard, and only picked it up because it was very, very cheap and I was curious about seeing it.
              'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

Comment

• Originally posted by Clive Smith View Post
                ^ where the hell's a restored DETOUR?
                My thoughts exactly, Clive! In the film noir thread, Richard assured me this is the best of the available DVDs. Would love to see this hit Blu-ray though.

Comment

• Creepshow 2 BD
                  Idle Hands BD
                  Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Hitchcock is reprehensible and I think of poorly of Hopkins and Mirren for lending themselves to it.

TWO words for you Richard W....

Ralph and Macchio

Anyone expecting this to be a thorough and interesting appraisal of Hitchcock the man will be very disappointed....It is very superficial and I can see why anyone with even a basic knowledge of Hitchcock would be incensed by its mere appearance.....HOWEVER, the guy playing PERKINS was spot on...and it was fun to see bits and pieces of the making of psycho and stuff.,...Mirren was good in it..But Hopkins was trying a bit hard to "act" ...

Ohh...back on topic....

just got ......
                    SPRING BREAKERS (fingers crossed on this one...though not much hope!!)
                    SIGHTSEERS.....

Comment

• ONLY GOD FORGIVES BD
                      THE CONJURING BD
                      THE UNINVITED BD
                      The Vincent Price Collection BD
                      GHOSTWATCH
                      HALLOWEEN 4 BD
                      HALLOWEEN 5 BD
                      PREDATOR 2 BD

The last 3 are on sale at BB - 10 bucks each for the Halloweens, 8 bucks for P2.
                      I don't go to church. Kneeling bags my nylons.

Comment

• So what'd you get lately?

Nice bounty, Andrew!

Comment

• Originally posted by sukebanboy View Post
                          TWO words for you Richard W....

Ralph and Macchio

Anyone expecting this to be a thorough and interesting appraisal of Hitchcock the man will be very disappointed....It is very superficial and I can see why anyone with even a basic knowledge of Hitchcock would be incensed by its mere appearance.....HOWEVER, the guy playing PERKINS was spot on...and it was fun to see bits and pieces of the making of psycho and stuff.,...Mirren was good in it..But Hopkins was trying a bit hard to "act" ...
                          It is biographically incorrect, factually wrong, 99% fiction, and derogatory in its depiction of the personality and character of Alfred Hitchcock. The film mis-represents him.

Whatever virtues the film may have are over-ridden by its offenses, which are considerable.

THE GIRL boasted a performance by Toby Jones as Hitchcock that makes Hopkins look bad in comparison, but that film, too, is nothing more than gossip-mongering and highly inaccurate as biography. It gets everything wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clive Smith View Post
                            Nice bounty, Andrew!
                            Thanks Clive! Good to have a bevy of ghosts on hand for the season. I'm looking forward to GHOSTWATCH in particular - and THE UNINVITED on blu, natch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Andrew Monroe View Post
                              Thanks Clive! Good to have a bevy of ghosts on hand for the season. I'm looking forward to GHOSTWATCH in particular - and THE UNINVITED on blu, natch.
                              Have you not seen GHOSTWATCH before, Andrew?

You've reminded me: I must buy that UNINVITED Blu soon too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul L View Post
                                Have you not seen GHOSTWATCH before, Andrew?
                                No, haven't see it, Paul. I've been aware of it but that's it. From the reading I've been doing it sounds like something special.

Comment

Working...
                                X