Punk Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Punk Movies

No secret I love punk rock...who else is a fan of good punk movies and punksploitation garbage?

Suburbia
    Repo Man
    Class of 1984/99
    Smithereens
    Ladies and Gentlemen, the Fabulous Stains
    Made in England
    This is England
    Rodrigo D: No Futuro
    Intrepidos Punks / La Venganza de Los Punks
    Dead End Drive In
    Car Cemetery
    Nadie Es Inocente
    Decline of Western Civilization

etc. etc.

Dave Markey's movies: SLOG the movie, the LOVEDOLLS films. I still have the old vhs tapes, which I guess are rare.
    SIR DRONE, EMERALD CITIES, THEY EAT SCUM, Another State of Mind, GREAT ROCK N ROLL SWINDLE, JUBILEE, The PUNK ROCK MOVIE, DOA-A rite of Passage, JUBILEE.
    Goofy movies w/ "punk" characters: VENUS FLY TRAP (SOV version of HOUSE BY THE EDGE OF THE PARK), GROTESQUE (Linda Blair).

Couple decades ago I tried to do a "Punksploitation" rundown for my old zine CINELUST. Only got as far as A-D, then went broke. Since this was pre-internet, I didn't even know about some of these movies.

Comment

Would Jarman's bizarre Jubilee count?

My first introduction to punk rock was through Repo Man and Valley Girl (the soundtrack to that is new wave but Nicolas Cage and his buddy are punks).

Comment

I always think TROMA movies encapsulate that whole pubk ethic and approach to making movies...at least their earlier stuff did....

Comment

Love it, but no titles to add...some great ones in here.

Comment

How about PUNK VACATION which VS released?
            Other than that its kind of a hard genre to classify.
            There are some modern films about that era or immediately after..CONTROL (Joy Division biopic) and 24 HOUR PARTY PEOPLE (detailing UK music scene immediately after punk up until the late 80's, at least in Manchester)
            Also lots of films have the punk spirit even if not necessarily directly about Punk.
            Also if we are to include any cast member with a coloured Mohican for example it would throw it wide open..^_^

Also how about SID & NANCY..

Comment

It definitely expands into the hooligan genre as well....The Firm, Green Street, Football Factory....

Comment

Mad Max and The Road Warrior, at least in spirit. Urg! A Music War (sometimes).

Comment

I own a lot, Ill have to post pics of what I have.

Comment

I'd love to see a bd release of "Suburbia".

There's the one part of the film "Nightmare" with Emilio Estevez who plays a punk rocker, I think? Seems like he listens to punk rock while playing the game.

TCM ran the "Decline of Western Civilization" films last month. I hadn't seen the original in a very long time and didn't know a third film existed. Other than the guy from The Mau Mau's, it wasn't very memorable.

Comment

The third one has its fans, but I dont much like it.

Comment

Ditto. There are a number of 80s Mexican films that seem to borrow from Mad Max and Class of 1984, one of the best is Intrepidos Punks.

Comment

Return of the Living Dead has punks in it.....

What We Do Is Secret

Punk's Not Dead (2007) is supposed to be good doc on the underground punk scene...not seen it meself though..
                          sukebanboy
                          Last edited by sukebanboy; 11-09-2015, 06:58 PM.

Comment

^ Any doc with that as the title isn't too promising, imo. I think the day punk died is when the first kid said 'Punk's not dead.'

Comment

Punk's not dead.

Rude Boy is another title for the list.

Comment

Working...
                              X