No announcement yet.

Deadpool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never got into the comic, came out when I lost interest in superhero comics for a number of years as the Image/Rob Liefeld/McFarlane bro-era of comics kicked in. It took Morrison's X-Men run and then Bendis' great work on Daredevil to bring me back.

Just googled and realized this character was actually created by Liefeld during his terrible run on the New Mutants. Colour me less and less interested..
    Randy G
    Last edited by Randy G; 02-19-2016, 07:11 AM.

Comment

Fox sent out an email with this image in it, saying details would follow.

This turned out to be the highest grossing R rated movie of all time I've heard? Still haven't checked it out, at this point I'll wait for the Blu.

Click image for larger version

Name:	f078462d-ecc8-4454-a715-927bda600651.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	350296
      Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I finally got around to it this weekend. It's charming.

Comment

Me too. It's as obnoxious as it gets and squarely aimed at 13 year old boys. I kind of hate myself for enjoying it.
          "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	52f1801e-2742-49ed-a2c0-730a57709ea8.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.4 KB
ID:	350383
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Just watched it.

Not bad......but not the great movie the critics seem to think it is.....it made me smile quite a lot...but there wasnt really that much to it....in the end it wasnt THAT different from a regular superhero movie...i look forward to part 2..but it didnt change the world of superhero movies like some people said that it would....

Comment

Seems kind of juvenile. And I'm the guy who heralds Bucky Larson as a genuine comedy masterpiece. But I'm probably just biased against super heroes. Sick to death of these films by now.
                https://www.instagram.com/moviemorpho83/

Oh, not on Cauliflower! Oh, not on Broccoli!

Comment

It follows the superhero origin formula pretty closely...with more wisecracks...so if u are tired of superhero movies (like me) then u wont find much to rekindle your interest...it DID make me chuckle more....but thats probably coz they focused more on the humor.which is aimed pretty low for the most part....And of course it depends on your tolerance for Ryan Reynolds as he does his usual schtick..

Comment

This movie references Alien 3. Therefore it can do no wrong and is pure perfection.
                    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Deadpool helps out on his own Honest Trailer and agrees with me on the glorified drinks coasters. I like him better already.
                      "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy G View Post
                        Just googled and realized this character was actually created by Liefeld during his terrible run on the New Mutants. Colour me less and less interested..
                        Just noticed this. Deadpool was a kind of generic character under Liefeld. Under other writers is when the character really became his own. In the comics, Deadpool does take the occasional shot at his creator and he does so in the movie too yelling "Fuck Liefeld!"

Saw the Honest Trailer yesterday, was superb.

Comment

Watched it last night and it was better than I expected although it did drag in spots, continued the Marvel movie tradition of being too long, had a boring villain and the cruder adolescent humour fell flat for me.

But the other 50 percent of the jokes were more clever and meta-in-a-good-way, most of the action was good, the Xmen sidekicks were enjoyable and it managed to eek out a decent story and characterization.
                          Randy G
                          Last edited by Randy G; 05-13-2016, 06:25 PM.

Comment

At least you gave it a chance. Bring on the sequel with Cable!

Comment

Picked this up on an impulse over the weekend and watched it. It wasn't bad and had a lot of funny bits. I will say the actress who played Vanessa was smoking hot. Remembered her from Firefly.
                              "The popcorn you're eating has been pissed in. Film at 11".

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X