Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The R!S!P! State Of The Union Address - July, 2015 - YOUR Feedback Counts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This place is aces.

Comment

I think everything is groovy, do you think Rebellion/2000 AD would be up for us reviewing some of their releases?
      "I don't eat at taco joints unless there's a lawn care truck parked out front" - me

Comment

I'll find out.
        Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

Has the site been slow for anyone else in the last few days? Not sure if it's the site or my ISP.
          "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Fine for me.
            Rock! Shock! Pop!

Comment

I haven't had any issues...

Comment

Originally posted by Alex K. View Post
                Has the site been slow for anyone else in the last few days? Not sure if it's the site or my ISP.
                Working fine for me too.
                'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
                'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

Dang. I hate Timer Warner.
                  "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Here are my 2 cents (from a relative noob of this mb- but not others)

Years ago I tried to start my own mb- that went completely south of the border. I commend you on your hard work. It shows. I LOVED posting on the old Fangoria boards, and Alison's old boards. And I must say that FB is becoming an absolute ego driven, boring as hell place to go. I post things all the time that I think will start a discussion... and... *crickets*. Even things about myself... *crickets*. Unless I post videos of animals doing cute things- its a barren wasteland of a handful of likes only... and you know what? I NEED more that. I love a good discussion where people talk about their opinions and not try to shout it out in all caps, unfriend, and the like. I can't believe FB is still up and running sometimes. And I really shocked my so called friends and I don't have at least a little bit in common. Idk It's just damn cold there now. Thank goodness RSP exists because I really have missed a good message board to enjoy. And within the past week or two I'm coming to this one more and more. Not just because I know Alison- because the people here are friendly, and are giving their opinion without being jerks about it. Omg a place to go where people have common sense ON THE INTERNET?? This is a rare gem.

As far as a podcast I honestly don't think it would work. (Especially if you have to pay out of pocket for it Ian.) Maybe a You Tube Channel or that new... Periscope, or Meerkat. Course there's Livestream and Ustream but you'd have to pay for that. But the other streams might work and attract the Millenials. Or just random fans of these genres.

I listen to 2 Podcasts. Roddy Piper, and Ric Flair because I love hearing the old wrestling stories. If you take a page from Gene Simmons where he basically says don't pay for ANYTHING unless you have to...I certainly a not saying rip people off like he does. (And I love kiss but I'm not blind). If you would go with You Tube, you could start a Tumblr account and promote the vids there, on FB etc. I have many interests and yet I only subscribe to 2 Podcasts, in one interest category. I obviously only speak for myself here. I mean remember we love genres that the Millenials aren't really into and or have never heard of. The Podcasts people want to listen to have already been established. It would be a huge uphill battle. I remember when I use to work at Hollywood Video and I would put on Exploitation movies like Last House On The Left (late at night). The younger guys who worked there OMG oh they COMPLAINED about the quality of the film- it wasn't filmed in HD- the acting the this the that. I was SHOCKED. I would be like- ok but you don't understand the content of the film is, the story is- it didn't matter to them. From what I can tell- I have a younger sister who I didn't grow up with. She's a Horror fan. She loves Zombie films. And only seems to go as far back as the Friday The 13th films. I've been waiting for the day where she comes across the older Zombie films and others... but she hasn't. Idk if that will progress or not but I'm watching. I COULD give her recommendations. But younger people like discovering movies for themselves and not having movies etc shoved down their throats. So I don't.

Now I've been thinking about what you could add to make this place grow and give people more enjoyment. Lip synching/air guitar/ dance battles to older music would be fun! You would let people vote on the song of the week or month. Then once its chosen, everyone uploads their video to Youtube and here. Then people could vote and say a prize of a dvd or cd? Also maybe a read the script contest. A movie is chosen to vote on, and a scene. Everynoe does that scene, uploads it, etc. Prize. Now, if you WOULD want to make money you could charge people whatever you want for 6 months, yearly, subscription to be a part of the contests. It would pay for the dvd. And it would help pay for the site. But thats if you want to go that route. Also, photography contests as tribute to the older films that you would post the picture along with the review of the dvd on the front page. People love little thrills like that- and wouldn't necessarily require a prize because it would be enough to be featured like that.

I also see the thread where people post pictures of Sex stores. You could have a contest where people try to find the craziest, silliest object whatever- take a picture, and people vote on it- winning whatever. Or again- featured.

I have more ideas to share but before I wear out my welcome- there you go. My 2 cents for what its worth. Sorry if this went on too long. Thank you Ian for all the hard work you do. Again, it shows.

Comment

Ian used to do contests, but there was so little response. People have no attention span these days, myself included. :/
                      Ŗǭƈḱ!Ꞩẖȫçꞣ!Ƥӧꝕ!

Comment

Originally posted by Alison Jane View Post
                        Ian used to do contests, but there was so little response. People have no attention span these days, myself included. :/

:( Well that sucks. boo! I think being on the internet all these years has given us all ADD or something.

Comment

Just wanted to say how much I love this place. No drama really here. Good reviews. And lots of different tastes. Makes this the only movie forum I bother with anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Newt Cox View Post
                            Just wanted to say how much I love this place. No drama really here. Good reviews. And lots of different tastes. Makes this the only movie forum I bother with anymore.
                            Agree 100%, been a long time lurker and just signed up. Sick of the raging egos and argumentative bell-ends on other forums, I can't recall ever seeing anything like that here.
                            I'm bitter, I'm twisted, James Joyce is fucking my sister.

Comment

Originally posted by agent999 View Post
                              Sick of the raging egos and argumentative bell-ends on other forums, I can't recall ever seeing anything like that here.
                              LOL Famous last words if ever I heard them

Comment

Hahahaha, only once. This is a pretty chill crowd.

Comment

Working...
                                X