No announcement yet.

Ghostbusters Remake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is the vast majority going ham on this lump of shit? It's the narrative they studio and director is trying to push, along with the characters that represent the easily offended PC brigade, which all reasonable people have made the conscious decision to shun. People are beyond fed up with their nonsense and everything they stand for, which is they'll be gunnin' for bear when it comes to anything that resembles them and their values- or lack thereof.

Comment

I am astounded they went "political" with this. I mean, isn't the whole point of meainstream that it is for everyone?

Now, I don't think that was the intention from the get go, it kind of just spiraled that way. But still. The studio ought to be on that shit and trying to play it down instead of playing it up.
      "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

https://medium.com/@RachelBanks/miso...0f6#.hf1d3jxl6

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/05/...-the-originals
        Keeth
        Last edited by Keeth; 06-04-2016, 04:17 PM.

Comment

You can buy good press for the right price.
          "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

I've only seen two of Paul Feig's films: BRIDESMAIDS and THE HEAT. Both I watched on television and struggled to finish them without changing channels. I found both based on really repetitive, 'obvious' gags. Possibly a cultural thing. The fact that GHOSTBUSTERS 2016 is written by the writer of THE HEAT too doesn't bode well for me.

That said, when I was studying for my Masters degree about 17 years ago, one of my lecturers was a fairly 'known' film critic for the papers and it was a running gag with us students that if you mentioned the original GHOSTBUSTERS, he would very firmly denounce it as one of the films that was responsible for an immense decline in Hollywood films - and especially comedies. Of course, we tried to mention GHOSTBUSTERS wherever possible, as his very slightly outraged response to simply hearing the film's title would amuse us
            'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
            'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

You should see Spy, Paul.

Sure it isn't perfect, but Jason Statham as an incompetend, sexist, chauvinist, asshole version of Bond pretty much steals the show. He is so good that I wasn't even annoyed by Melissa McCarthy!
              "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

Originally posted by The Silly Swede View Post
                You should see Spy, Paul.

Sure it isn't perfect, but Jason Statham as an incompetend, sexist, chauvinist, asshole version of Bond pretty much steals the show. He is so good that I wasn't even annoyed by Melissa McCarthy!
                I'll try to track it down, Chris. I was intrigued by it, as I like Statham, especially when he's in self-parody mode. McCarthy put me off slightly, as every film I've seen her in has been a tough watch. (IDENTITY THIEF was possibly the worst film I've seen at the cinema since BATMAN & ROBIN.)
                'You know, I'd almost forgotten what your eyes looked like. Still the same. Pissholes in the snow'

http://www.paul-a-j-lewis.com (my photography website)
                'All explaining in movies can be thrown out, I think': Elmore Leonard

Comment

Best thing to come from the reboot... Coca-Cola bringing back Hi-C's Ecto Cooler.

Comment

I never tried Ecto Cooler back in the day but all the 90's kids rave about it like it's the greatest shit in existence. So I might just try at least one.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex K. View Post

You can buy good press for the right price.
                      Meh, it wasn't as good as the first film to put ot mildly but it was better than the third film and the incredibly boring Terminator Salvation. But then I'm part of the tiny minority that didn't like T2.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy G View Post
                        Meh, it wasn't as good as the first film to put ot mildly but it was better than the third film and the incredibly boring Terminator Salvation. But then I'm part of the tiny minority that didn't like T2.
                        Blasphemy.

Comment

First review I have read of the reboot...and its pretty positive..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/films/201...t-captures-sp/

Comment

You can spot the shills by the positive reviews. Everywhere else this thing is getting trashed. If any of you guys give a shit, I recommend checking this out:

I find behind the scenes Hollywood politics to almost always be fascinating.
                            Alex K.
                            Last edited by Alex K.; 07-11-2016, 06:15 AM.

Comment

Lol..it was SERIOUSLY the first (and only) review I have managed to read so far ( as I am not really intetested to be honest...)

Comment

Originally posted by Alex K. View Post
                                Blasphemy.
                                I'll bite, while T2 is fun enough I vastly prefer the first TERMINATOR. T2 is the beginning of everything that's wrong with big budget filmmaking. It takes a darker film (TERMINATOR 1) and makes it happy go lucky. It repeats the same plot not really offering anything new, just Poochies up the whole thing; a kid who spits witty one liners, no danger/edge, the villian is now a good guy, etc. It's pace drags compared to the first film. It's bigger and louder but it isn't any deeper, IMO. The first movie has fantastic atmosphere and a relentless pace. A real solid horror/thriller. What would you call T2, big budget generic action film with f/x demo. It's no coincidence that LAST ACTION HERO uses T2 as it's blueprint (witty kid, trucks jumping over overpasses, no real danger, plays more like a video game, etc.).

Now this Ghostbusters movie can and will be easily forgotten. It looks pathetic. Like all the other remakes/reboots. They come and go without ever being brought up again. Thankfully. I like that Rick Moranis is the only old cast member with the sense to turn it down. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/fea...-why-he-829779 I get that at the end of the day it's just a silly movie and there's no harm in appearing in a small role. But I really like that he questions the point of it all. It just all seems so vapid and corporate driven. Ya know, like more so than usual. I'm insulted by this continuing idea that if I liked something once I must like all iterations of it forever. You like ice cream? Well I have 100 gallons for you to eat! It's all just too much. It disappoints me that my generation is now in charge of getting stuff made and has an unhealthy love affair with nostalgia. And that said generation continually lines up for this regurgitated crap with dollars in hand. Ugh!
                                "When I die, I hope to go to Accra"

Comment

Working...
                                X