• Show
Clear All

Ha!

https://twitter.com/Brazzers/status/733448436490571777
    "Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

Originally posted by Pavel K View Post
      Remaking movie just to appease idiots from Salon.com will get you nowhere.
      Thing is, even without the political agenda there would still be people vehemently opposed to the film. This debacle is the offspring of two equally cancerous mates. The first being a creatively bankrupt studio system continually polluting the market with unnecessary remakes/reboots. Take that and remake one of the most beloved films of the 80's and specifically pander to a select group of repressive, culturally Marxist lunatics obsessed with gender/identity politics and finding oppression where there is none and people are surprised there's a backlash? You've got one group of film fans who are sick of the first and another who, regardless if they're fans of the original, are smart enough to not buy into the PC nonsense the film is trying to peddle.
      LA PASIÓN ESPAÑOL: THE EROTIC MELODRAMAS OF VICENTE ARANDA (1991-1999)

Comment

It just struck me today that Hollywood in recent years have done the best they can to dispose of all staples of my childhood years, with this reboot mania: Indiana Jones, Star Wars, Ghostbusters. I'm just waiting for the inevitable follow ups to Goonies, Gremlins and Back to the Future to make the massacre complete.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Clark View Post
          Take that and remake one of the most beloved films of the 80's and specifically pander to a select group of repressive, culturally Marxist lunatics obsessed with gender/identity politics and finding oppression where there is none and people are surprised there's a backlash?
          This is the part I don't get. Why is there that assumption that this was the driving force? Is it not possible that they were just looking for a vehicle for a bunch of female comedians and this seemed a cracking idea? Or maybe they were just looking for a way to make the new film different to the old film and this seemed an easy fix (on that front I think it's a cracking move)? When do we decide that there is political intent behind the move? This board was pretty firm on the idea that there was nothing political about using an all white cast for Gods Of Egypt. I'm not for a minute saying there was but we seem to assume a lot.

When is it acceptable to have female leads? Lot of complaints around here for Star Wars and Rogue One as well. Males should relax! There's still 6 SW films with male leads (and that's ignoring that TFA was kind of a two hander) AND a Han Solo film in the works. Frankly, there's simply never been a better time to have testicles!

This is not directed at anybody here but just putting it out into the cosmos 'cause I think it kind of needs to be said: When someone say there may be a misogynist bent to your views responding with violent sexual imagery, applying derogatory labels to anyone who disagrees with you and then further saying anyone under those labels is physically and mentally challenged kind of makes their point for them. They will no doubt continue to argue with you but the battle has already been won.

Feeling like a bleeding heart liberal now... It's funny I was being pilloried for being a mysoginist bastard just last week for vehemently opposing a funding plan to get more female directors behind the camera. If those bastards could see me now...
          "Never let the fact that they are doing it wrong stop you from doing it right." Hyman Mandell.

Comment

Originally posted by Dom D View Post
            This is the part I don't get. Why is there that assumption that this was the driving force? Is it not possible that they were just looking for a vehicle for a bunch of female comedians and this seemed a cracking idea? Or maybe they were just looking for a way to make the new film different to the old film and this seemed an easy fix (on that front I think it's a cracking move)? When do we decide that there is political intent behind the move?
            This piece is the best I've read on that matter thus far.

In any case, if Ghostbusters fails, it won't be thanks to men — or women. It will be because the whole project feels so infused with awkward political posturing that audiences looked at it and thought: nah.

I suspect the film's defenders are also aware that the movie is an impending disaster, which is why they've rushed to the web to brand its critics misogynists. There's a lot on the line for them. If Ghostbusters flops, it will be yet further proof that feminism and social justice don't sell.

But at the end of the day, you aren't defending a movie, internet feminists — you're defending an ideology.
            Originally posted by Dom D
            applying derogatory labels to anyone who disagrees with you and then further saying anyone under those labels is physically and mentally challenged kind of makes their point for them.
            Exactly the type of mentality employed by the crowd so quick to White Knight for the film and cry sexist whenever someone criticizes it. In various other situations feel free to replace "sexist" with racist, homophobic, transphobic or whatever else -phobic some dumbass just made up on Tumblr.
            Tom Clark
            Last edited by Tom Clark; 05-20-2016, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Tom Clark, I think I love you a little bit.
              "No presh from the Dresh!"

Comment

Racist.

Comment

Originally posted by The Silly Swede View Post
                  Tom Clark, I think I love you a little bit.

"Ah! By god's balls what licentiousness!"

Marquis de Sade, The 120 Days of Sodom.

Comment

I remember reading something that basically said that the only reason one would have for not liking the new remake is that you're sexist but I can't find it. The articles I did skim all seem to be based on opinions based on twitter posts.

I saw the original when it came out but I don't remember liking it a whole lot & I don't care about the remake. They could do a remake of the new remake with actual real-life internet feminists & I wouldn't care.

Comment

Originally posted by Dom D View Post
                      This is the part I don't get. Why is there that assumption that this was the driving force?
                      When you're uncertain as to what pronoun to use when referring to this fugly mug.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Seems to be a huge over reaction to what is probably another mediocre remake of a good but not remarkable pop hit. At least by making it all women they are actually trying something different but it could be considered a gimmick. But then it's just Ghostbusters right, not exactly a non-commercial project?

Comment

I think she's very attractive but to each their own.
                              Welcome to Costco, I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by cinemacide View Post
                                I think she's very attractive but to each their own.
                                Which one?

Comment

Working...
                                X